Matthew Rorie Review up on Gamesradar

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for mcghee
#1 Edited by McGhee (6128 posts) -

So, as all of us lovers of the one and only Matthew Rorie know, Rorie has been out of work ever since Whiskey Media was drawn and quartered a little while back. He's been hanging out on Twitter, watching movies, and properly petting a puppy here and there on the streets of San Francisco.

No Caption Provided

This is the first thing I've seen him write for another website. Good that he's getting what I guess is freelance work. Check it out.

http://www.gamesradar.com/need-for-speed-most-wanted-review-2/

Well shit, I just noticed that he also did the Assassin's Creed 3 game guide for Gamespot. Nice!

http://www.gamespot.com/features/assassins-creed-3-game-guide-6399051/?tag=Topslot;Assassin039sCreedIiiReview;Assassin039sCreedIii;GameGuide

Avatar image for drdarkstryfe
#2 Posted by DrDarkStryfe (2080 posts) -

He also did the strategy guide for Assassins Creed III at GameSpot.

Avatar image for toowalrus
#3 Posted by TooWalrus (13391 posts) -

Indeed. We've got a thread on it here. He's freelancing right now- he's also got a AC3 players guide up on GameSpot.

Avatar image for mcghee
#4 Posted by McGhee (6128 posts) -

@TooWalrus: You know I searched the forums before hand as well? I scanned through recent posts and used the search function. I swear that search never fucking works. It's half the reason I never start news type threads because someone has already fucking done it. :(

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
#5 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (5710 posts) -

@McGhee: Never trust the forum search function, it's shit. Also Rorie should be working at GB.

Avatar image for toowalrus
#6 Posted by TooWalrus (13391 posts) -
@McGhee: Yeah... the only reason I noticed is because i've been on the forums all night instead of writing this paper... 
Avatar image for mcghee
#7 Posted by McGhee (6128 posts) -

@Colourful_Hippie said:

@McGhee: Never trust the forum search function, it's shit. Also Rorie should be working at GB.

Yes, it's a damn shame a personality like his is left out of GB. I wonder what went down. If he didn't want to be with GB or GB/CBS didn't want him?

Avatar image for toowalrus
#8 Posted by TooWalrus (13391 posts) -
@McGhee said:

@Colourful_Hippie said:

@McGhee: Never trust the forum search function, it's shit. Also Rorie should be working at GB.

Yes, it's a damn shame a personality like his is left out of GB. I wonder what went down. If he didn't want to be with GB or GB/CBS didn't want him?

They mentioned "Interview Matt Rorie" on the radio show once and got everyone's hopes up. I'm curious about that too.
Avatar image for colourful_hippie
#9 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (5710 posts) -

@TooWalrus said:

@McGhee said:

@Colourful_Hippie said:

@McGhee: Never trust the forum search function, it's shit. Also Rorie should be working at GB.

Yes, it's a damn shame a personality like his is left out of GB. I wonder what went down. If he didn't want to be with GB or GB/CBS didn't want him?

They mentioned "Interview Matt Rorie" on the radio show once and got everyone's hopes up. I'm curious about that too.

Rorie doesn't want anything to do with an editorial staff that would sink low enough to work with a sleazy traitor who left him for dead back at Screened.

You can read up on all of the Rorie/Navarro tension here in my fanfiction that I've got going...

Avatar image for toowalrus
#10 Posted by TooWalrus (13391 posts) -
@Colourful_Hippie: Is it SFW?
Avatar image for colourful_hippie
#11 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (5710 posts) -

@TooWalrus: The text part of it is SFW but my Deviantart graphic novels are NSFW.

Avatar image for mcghee
#12 Posted by McGhee (6128 posts) -

@Colourful_Hippie said:

@TooWalrus said:

@McGhee said:

@Colourful_Hippie said:

@McGhee: Never trust the forum search function, it's shit. Also Rorie should be working at GB.

Yes, it's a damn shame a personality like his is left out of GB. I wonder what went down. If he didn't want to be with GB or GB/CBS didn't want him?

They mentioned "Interview Matt Rorie" on the radio show once and got everyone's hopes up. I'm curious about that too.

Rorie doesn't want anything to do with an editorial staff that would sink low enough to work with a sleazy traitor who left him for dead back at Screened.

You can read up on all of the Rorie/Navarro tension here in my fanfiction that I've got going...

Yeah, I noticed that Alex didn't really "get" Rorie's humor at all. I've always thought Alex was an asshole and completely insufferable in audio or video form.

Avatar image for castiel
#13 Posted by Castiel (3277 posts) -

What is GB waiting for again?

Avatar image for mr_skeleton
#14 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5195 posts) -

I don't like Gamesradar but it's good to see Rorie writing again.

Avatar image for iceman228433
#15 Posted by iceman228433 (743 posts) -

Good for him, never seen anyone with such crazy employment luck.

Avatar image for gamer_152
#16 Posted by Gamer_152 (14480 posts) -

Shutting this bad boy down, original thread here.

Moderator

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.