Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Need for Speed: Most Wanted

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 30, 2012

Players cruise the streets of the city Fairhaven, evading the cops while working their way to the top of the most wanted street racers list in this open-street racing game from Criterion Games.

PC version FPS fluctuations

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Mister_V

Has anyone managed to fix the fps in this game fluctuating? I have tried searching the web but with there being two games with the same name finding information regarding this one is hard. Also there doesn't seem to be any official forum for the game either.

So has anyone figured a way to fix/reduce this problem or are we all waiting for a patch?

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By murisan

I turned shadows off.. set draw distance (or whatever they call it) to medium.. that fixed a lot of it for me.

alexanderhc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By alexanderhc

I'm wondering the same thing. Seems really bad... I cannot get myself to turn the shadows off completely removes the depth in the game IMO, but low is fine. Just don't set "headlight shadows" to ON, that kills!

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Mister_V

I have turned shadows down to medium and that has made it better, it's not perfect but I can live with it now.

DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#5  Edited By DJJoeJoe

Reflections is the thing that kills the performance for me, I can play the game with everything at it's max and reflections just at medium and get 30-40fps but with everything lowest/off and reflections at high it gets the same performance (it really is hefty on it's own etc). It's a shame cause that last tick on reflections allows there to be water on the ground everywhere and makes the game look stunning...

The game moves so quickly that you could do with turning ambient occlusion and shadows down or off, just keep motion blur up to mask most of it and you'll still get a sense of massive speed. The high res textures don't seem to impact much and I assume they only hinder your performance if you have very low RAM (textures are a RAM thing).

@murisan: I don't think there's an option for draw distance at all, you're most definitely thinking of something else.

Blommer4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Blommer4

My game runs fine

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Funkydupe

Turned off the shadows as well, and I still have the bad fps once in a while.

Jahbu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jahbu

Im running the game with 2x gtx 580s with a 2600k and I get slow downs in cites mostly:/...I hop3 they patch this.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kishinfoulux

@Jahbu said:

Im running the game with 2x gtx 580s with a 2600k and I get slow downs in cites mostly:/...I hop3 they patch this.

I only have a single 580 and if you're having issues that concerns me. :-/

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By NekuSakuraba

Everything is max for me apart from shadows which are set to medium, game runs mostly at 50 - 60 but will occasionally drop to around 40. Doesn't seem too bad, but could be a lot better.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kishinfoulux

@NekuSakuraba said:

Everything is max for me apart from shadows which are set to medium, game runs mostly at 50 - 60 but will occasionally drop to around 40. Doesn't seem too bad, but could be a lot better.

What kind of card are you using?

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @kishinfoulux

@NekuSakuraba said:

I'm using a GTX 570. Here are my full specs -

Intel Core i7 920 2.66Ghz
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5
    GTX 570
    Corsair 6GB Kit (3x2GB), PC-12800 (1600MHz) DDR3
    Western Digital 1TB, Caviar Black, SATA-II, 7200RPM, 32MB Cache
    HAF 932
    Noctua NH-U12P-SE2 All-In-One CPU Cooler
    NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By NekuSakuraba

@NekuSakuraba said:

@kishinfoulux

@NekuSakuraba said:

I'm using a GTX 570. Here are my full specs - Intel Core i7 920 2.66Ghz Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 GTX 570 Corsair 6GB Kit (3x2GB), PC-12800 (1600MHz) DDR3 Western Digital 1TB, Caviar Black, SATA-II, 7200RPM, 32MB Cache HAF 932 Noctua NH-U12P-SE2 All-In-One CPU Cooler

Just realized that Ambient occlusion and Geometry were set to Medium. When max, it's about 35 - 50 FPS.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By Branthog

I have a weird sort of rubberbanding/laggy thing going on, too -- and I'm running with dual 4GB 670s on a 3770K with 16GB RAM and SSD. I even lowered the resolution to 1920x1200 and it does the same thing. It's unusual from most lag or low framerate, in that the game literally feels . . . rubberbandy. It's like a time distortion or something, even when the FPS doesn't seem to be hideous. Hopefully they'll fix this soon (though it sounds like not much has been accomplished, yet).

linkinpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By linkinpark

The game moves so quickly that you could do with turning ambient occlusion..........

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By Vextroid

Have any of the PC issues been patched?  
    I am tempted to pick it up on Amazon for $20 but if the PC versions is still a bit trash...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.