Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Need for Speed Rivals

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 15, 2013

A cross-gen open-world driving game set in a fictional Redview County.

Excessively long install time on the PS4?

mrhaydel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mrhaydel

I just completed both of the tutorial speedlists for Cop and Racer, and when it returned me to the screen where you choose between being a Cop and a Racer, and I selected Racer, it immediately started an install process (after, mind you, the one it did before the game even launched).

Which, in of itself wouldn't be terrible (though I kind of thought it might have done all the installing it needed up front), but, it started at 33% and seems to be just crawling. It's been a good 20-30 minutes, and it's only gotten to 44%. I wouldn't be surprised if this takes 2 hours or more at the rate its going.

Did everyone/anyone else run into this same thing, or did I somehow trigger an install that could have been done earlier, or something?

EDIT: FWIW, this is a digital copy of the game (not disc).

noremnants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By noremnants

It was downloading the extra data. What is your connection like?

BionicChango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BionicChango

@mrhaydel: Same exact problem and circumstance here, and also on a digital copy. I just went to every PC in the house to exit Steam (bandwidth hog), and rebooted the wireless router. If it were down to internet DL speeds, that should have fixed the problem, but it doesn't look like it made any difference.

Grumpy faces all round.

UPDATE: Just did some calculations.

It's averaging at 2mins, 45secs per 1%.

Since the install started at 33%, that comes out at around 3hrs, 25 min to complete.

webnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I had the same problem, at least two hours past after I did the initial tutorial. Maybe it was downloading more data but it literally just said "Installing." Didn't experience this problem with killzone or assassins creed on ps4.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

This is a Need For Speed problem. I haven't had this issue with any of my other five PS4 games, but all my friends had the same with NFS. Honestly, I think the whole game is rather subpar with its is execution. Even the load times are excessively long.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

The digital version of BF4 was crazy in this regard. I was 2/3 through the campaign, when the full game was finally installed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.