Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Need for Speed: The Run

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Nov 15, 2011

Need for Speed: The Run has drivers racing coast to coast across the USA, speeding through a variety of environments along the way.

I crave more velocity...

Phr4nk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Phr4nk0

and I'd like to traverse bipedally with great haste, simultaniously if at all possible but I'll settle for intermitant spurts of one then the other. Is this game for me?

Is the game any good? I'd really like a crazy Need for Speed again ala Most Wanted. I also enjoyed both Undergrounds but other Need for Speeds haven't really blown my pants apart, will this satiate my cravings?

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Some dude posted a demo impressions blog recently and according to him, you barely have any control over the car and the whole thing is cinematic with QTE's and shit. 

A real shame, I was looking forward to running it on the new PC. It's like the Battlefield NFS (frostbite 2).

Julmust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Julmust

You're probably better off trying Hot Pursuit.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

#4  Edited By MightyDuck

Hot Pursuit (last year's NFS) was an absolute blast! I highly recommend it.

The demo for "The Run" is also available on XBL and PSN. I would suggest checking that out as well. I was not a fan of it the first time I played it, although after a few more races in the demo, I found myself enjoying it. I plan on picking it up if it's on sale on Black Friday.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.