Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Neverwinter Nights 2

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Oct 31, 2006

The sequel to Bioware's Dungeons and Dragons PC role playing game of 2002, Neverwinter Nights 2 puts the player in the role of a peasant that must realize his importance in the world through an epic adventure.

NWN2 Moves To Digital Distribution Adventure Packs

snide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 14

Edited By snide
    Badger, badger, mush-a-mushroom.
    It seems nothing can keep Neverwinter Nights 2 down. Atari announced today that the Dungeons and Dragons epic will start releasing "Adventure Packs" for download starting in late April. The first pack, Mysteries of Westgate, is being produced by Canadian developer Ossian Studios and will be priced at  €9.99 / £9.99 /$9.99. Ossian was previously a distinguished mod-shop and known for the excellent Darkness over Daggerfall mod for the original Neverwinter Nights.  My guess is that NWN2's original developer Obsidian is a little busy right now.

According to details over on Atari's launch site, this is a new single-player campaign that takes place in the Forgotten Realms city of Westgate between levels 8-14. Only NWN2 proper is required to play but if you've got the expansions you'll be able to use those classes in the new pack. While I'm not sure if this qualifies to fill in the Dungeons and Dragons void of 2009, I'll still likely pick it up just to continue my love for anything requiring dice rolls. Level 8 seems like a strange choice for a start, but at least it'll avoid the awkwardness of my Wizard not having the fireball spell in those first few levels.

snide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By snide
    It seems nothing can keep Neverwinter Nights 2 down. Atari announced today that the Dungeons and Dragons epic will start releasing "Adventure Packs" for download starting in late April. The first pack, Mysteries of Westgate, is being produced by Canadian developer Ossian Studios and will be priced at  €9.99 / £9.99 /$9.99. Ossian was previously a distinguished mod-shop and known for the excellent Darkness over Daggerfall mod for the original Neverwinter Nights.  My guess is that NWN2's original developer Obsidian is a little busy right now.

According to details over on Atari's launch site, this is a new single-player campaign that takes place in the Forgotten Realms city of Westgate between levels 8-14. Only NWN2 proper is required to play but if you've got the expansions you'll be able to use those classes in the new pack. While I'm not sure if this qualifies to fill in the Dungeons and Dragons void of 2009, I'll still likely pick it up just to continue my love for anything requiring dice rolls. Level 8 seems like a strange choice for a start, but at least it'll avoid the awkwardness of my Wizard not having the fireball spell in those first few levels.

dillinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By dillinger

haha awesome.  I was just thinking about starting NWN2 up again and now i have more incentive.

Avatar image for valkyriegoddess
    ValkyrieGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ValkyrieGoddess
    dillinger said:
    "haha awesome.  I was just thinking about starting NWN2 up again and now i have more incentive."
    Exactly. Now i need to figure out how to give my Tiefling a tail again....
    Kinarion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Kinarion

Never purchased this one.  The only recent RPGs I've played have been Oblivion and The Witcher.

How did this stack up?

unangbangkay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By unangbangkay

@Kinarion

Fairly well. The original campaign of NWN2 was competent, but the real gem was the story of the Mask of the Betrayer expansion. Best since Torment, really. Storm of Zehir used a lot of P&P style elements, but the story was very thin compared to the others.

As for comparisons to Oblivion, it's nothing like Oblivion. The Witcher uses its engine, and most of the bugs have been ironed out.

JJGIANT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By JJGIANT

Yeah definately gonna get back into NWN2, been on hiatous for a while now and I think it deserves a revisit

MjHealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By MjHealy

$10/€10/£10? That doesn't make much sense.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
    MjHealy said:
    "$10/€10/£10? That doesn't make much sense."
    It makes plenty of sense. It fits perfectly with the standard video game company philosophy of "screw brits and europeans out of their money".
    Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Media_Master

neato

JonathanMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By JonathanMoore

Isn't that price tag kind of a ripoff for us people here in the UK? 10 Pounds to $10?

-- God Bless.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Jimbo

This was originally coming out in '07 or something and has, apparently, been finished for ages.  Any idea why Atari have sat on it for so long?

I'll definitely pick it up if the emphasis is back on story.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#13  Edited By FLStyle

Snaaaaaake! It's a snaaaaaake! Argh it's a snake Badger Badger Badger etc.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By End_Boss

DUN CARE WANT DIABLO 3.

Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#16  Edited By Cerza

That pricing structure is fucked up. Companies in this industry need to invest the time and money to do the appropriate research on the markets they are releasing in before they release. $9.99 is equal to £6.87 and NOT £9.99! Talk about a bloody ripoff.

On the plus side, maybe these will be better than the two shittacular expansions.

masternater27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By masternater27

Well the pricing has to do with shipping costs and such...
    Oh wait.

AspiringAndy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By AspiringAndy

I wonder if these companies have ever heard of exchange rates?
    There is more than one currency for a reason..

delta_ass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By delta_ass

Did they ever improve the camera control? Cause I remember playing it when it first came out and the camera was quite horrible compared to the ones used for KOTOR or WoW.

JudgeDread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By JudgeDread
    MjHealy said:
    "$10/€10/£10? That doesn't make much sense."
    Nope, so I will not buy these DLCs. No matter how good they may be, I do not wish to support publishers ripping off their customers.

The same reason I have stopped buying stuff off Steam.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.