Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Neverwinter

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 20, 2013

A free-to-play MMORPG inspired by R.A. Salvatore's Neverwinter Saga book trilogy.

Is the story good? um... is there a story?

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By joshwent

So I dig the MMO style of gameplay and it seems like Neverwinter has some nice uniquely action-ish stuff going on there, but I haven't heard anything about the quests or story. If there's a good plot incentive, I don't mind gathering 10 wolf pelts, but without an interesting motive that shit starts to drag for me pretty quick. I know they have that make-your-own-quest thing, which seems cool, but if the actual quests are boring then even player made stuff dosen't really make up for it.

Also, I like D&D, the Neverwinter world, and I've played the pen and paper game, but just being in that setting isn't really enough of a draw by itself.

So whadda you think? Is there enough in Neverwinter for a story-focused dude?

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

from what i've played (only level 24 out of 60), the official stuff isn't great. there was one questline that was good, but the others were plain and uninteresting. kill this, kill that, run this dungeon, recover these items, etc.

the one player created quest i played however was genuinely interesting both storywise and in terms of gameplay.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

A few of the player quests I've played (around 5 out of 7) have really engaging stories. Offical content is decent for an MMO i suppose

Gantrathor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Gantrathor

I've found the story to be pretty bad so far, mostly due to the voice acting. It's very grating to listen to. If there weren't any voice acting I wouldn't mind it so much, but the story and writing itself isn't too interesting so I would end up skipping it anyways. It's mostly there to get you to run around and kill stuff. The player created missions are where you'll find the good stuff. I've found that the player created missions often give you multiple dialogue choices in conversations and they generally give you more things to do besides murder everything. I would say that, because it's free, you should give it shot just to try out the player created stuff. It's pretty interesting.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The best stuff is in the foundry.

The actual quest flavour text is sub-standard for DnD but pretty standard for MMO's.

The overarching story, as far as i can tell, is some necromancer lady has an army of necromancery type minions and she's necromancing the shit out of all the non necromancers.

Pretty cliché.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.