Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Neverwinter

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 20, 2013

A free-to-play MMORPG inspired by R.A. Salvatore's Neverwinter Saga book trilogy.

Which 4E Class Would You Like to See Brought to Neverwinter?

triumvir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Poll Which 4E Class Would You Like to See Brought to Neverwinter? (69 votes)

Barbarian 13%
    Druid 12%
    Ranger 26%
    Paladin 28%
    Bard 20%
    Sorceror 10%
    Warlock 20%
    Monk 25%
    Psion 4%
    Shaman 6%
    Warden 4%
    Warlord 13%
    More builds for Fighers, Rogues, Wizards, and Clerics 7%
    Other 4%

I'm actually really enjoying my time with Neverwinter, even though I don't usually like MMOs of any stripe. I guess one part of that is my enjoyment of D&D in video game and tabletop form and my familiarity of the setting from 2E and 3E D&D stuff and R.A. Salvatore's books. The other part is the combat system, which I actually think is pretty engaging and fun to watch.

My biggest gripe with the game is its lack of character classes. Granted, it's only in beta, but two fighter builds, a melee-based rogue, a control wizard, and a cleric is hardly a wide selection even by those standards. What classes would you duders like to see in the future? I only added the basic classes and not possible specializations (i.e. a dual-wield Ranger and an archery-focused Ranger would both play very differently), so please discuss the finer points in the thread.

Personally, I'm looking forward to trying a archery-focused Ranger more than anything. I'd also like to see a Paladin or Warlord, as both classes could wade into heavy melee combat while still buffing or healing their companions, to an extent.

• 
    bibamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By bibamatt

Bard! Also, more races. Desperate to play as a gnome (halflings just don't cut it).

bigdaddy81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Kind of hard to believe there is no Paladin. But I'm certain that class will be added sooner or later.

As for what would get me interested in this game, A Psion or a Mage Pyromancer would be enough to get me to download this game in an instant.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Seems ridiculous they would do a great weapon and a tank fighter but not have a pally.

Specific builds from 4th Ed I was partial to were the star pact warlock (good control and single target lockdown), the group buffing warlord, and for some reason, the teleporting swordmage build.

And they should have a bow ranger in the game as well. That's a pretty core D&D class.

triumvir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's funny that you mention these. In my current D&D campaign, three of my players use these exact builds.

Specific builds from 4th Ed I was partial to were the star pact warlock (good control and single target lockdown), the group buffing warlord, and for some reason, the teleporting swordmage build.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

I voted bard, but really what it needs is some of the exotic flavor that separates D&D class systems from every MMO known to man. At this point Tera has a more varied class selection and that's just dumb.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Warlock as I want to be a Necromancer! I hate the lack of Necromancer themed magic users fantasy games seems to get as of late. All I ever come across is generic fire/ice/energy and that's where the magic ends. I can't remember the last time I played a game with a good Necromancer class that was fun to play.

HarlechQuinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Warlock... as I had a lot of fun with this class during our last one shot adventure... The DM probably not so much, as we "ignored"/were to dumb to find all the hints for his prepared story flow, instead we run amok in some town and the group disbanded afterwards... aaaah, those precious memories.

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Bard, Ranger, and Paladin would be my top 3.

captainjudaism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly I just want them to add the Monk class. In every pen and paper D&D and or video D&D type game I've always played as a monk because the thought of running up to a dragon or demon and punching it in the face appeals to me.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

The only character I have ever played is an infernal warlock. So warlock.

Avatar image for chainreaction01
    chainreaction01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Honestly I just want them to add the Monk class. In every pen and paper D&D and or video D&D type game I've always played as a monk because the thought of running up to a dragon or demon and punching it in the face appeals to me.

You, my friend, know how to live life. Long live punching dudes with swords in the face with my bare fists.

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By devilzrule27

Game lacks a ranged weapon fighter so naturally it needs a Ranger.

ManiacalMech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

My first character in a 4e campaign was an Inspiring Warlord, so I'd really love to play as one of those. Hopefully it would be a mix of the Guardian Fighter and the Cleric that's already in the game. Worst case scenario, it'd be a poorly done Cleric remodel.

Also, playing as a Monk would be pretty bad-ass.

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Monk is a very late 4E class, so I'm surprised it's on this list, and yet Avenger is not even though it's a base class.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eujin said:

Monk is a very late 4E class, so I'm surprised it's on this list, and yet Avenger is not even though it's a base class.

Avenger wasn't introduced until the second book.

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hunter5024: Just checked, and you're totally right. My apologies.

However, I'd really like them to get around to adding Dragonborn, seeing as it was in 4E before both half-orc and Drow.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eujin: It feels special to correct someone about Dnd considering I only began playing in January. One step at a time. Also hell yeah Dragonborn.

nawings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By nawings

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.