Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

New Pokémon Snap

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Apr 30, 2021

After twenty-two years, Pokémon Snap returns.

What do people think?

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

Has anybody got the new Pokemon Snap and if so what do they think about it?

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Needs more safari, less track.

It's pretty much exactly what it says on the box, which is a new version of Pokemon Snap. It's an incredibly safe iteration on the original game, by which I mean the structure and the systems are mostly intact with some QoL changes added on. The progression is better than the original but is still stunted by what is essentially a need to grind. It's very much in line with how they tend to treat the Pokemon franchise as a whole and I do find it personally a bit disappointing.

I just find it unfortunate that there wasn't a more creative vision for what they could do with the property given how tech has advanced in the years since the original. In my opinion, photography games as a whole just work so much better without the contrivances of a 'game' layered so heavily onto them but I do understand how the approach this game has taken is more approachable and digestible for what is, at the end of the day, still a franchise aimed at a younger demographic.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Calling their new pokemon snap game New Pokemon Snap annoys me greatly.

Thundawear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

It's a giant expansion pack / HD upgrade for an N64 game, for all the good and the bad. Really wish it would have iterated on being open world and giving the player some agency. It'd be a very good $30 game, but 60 is a bit much.

snaketelegraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Pokemon Snap is the only Pokemon game I've wanted to play in years, so I bought it day of and regret it. I wasn't super hyped up or anything but they failed to update basically any of it, aside from the graphics (which are very nice and often beautiful, can't fault them there). They took out cool things like evolutions and secret image picture... things and didn't add much other than the 1-4 star system, which feels like an artificial way to grind rather than a fun way to discover pokemon behaviors. (Especially how you can still only submit one photo at a time, and the request system being pretty bad, it ends up irritating.) They've had a long time to come up with ideas for this so I don't think it's out of line to wish they'd had even a rudimentary artistic photography mode, camera upgrades, or a couple areas that aren't on rails.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.