Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

New Xbox Experience

Concept »

The New Xbox Experience, or NXE, overhauled the Xbox 360's dashboard, released on November 19th, 2008. A new "Metro" dashboard was released on December 6th, 2011.

Got in the early access program

AkumaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By AkumaX

Had it since last week, massive improvement if you ask me. Installing games is good, but I only have a 20 gig HDD, so realistically I can only have one at a time. Just installed Gears 2, took ten minutes. I posted some YouTube videos about it, take a look if you want a second opinion over GB's.

YouTube

ZombieJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By ZombieJesus

Nice vid Very informative. Love the accent by the way.

Fosssil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Fosssil

Cool video! Coincidentally enough, I just got an e-mail from Microsoft saying that I'll be able to download the NXE tomorrow at 2 p.m. EST about five minutes after I finished watching your video.

uberpwner93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By uberpwner93
    AkumaX said:
    "Had it since last week, massive improvement if you ask me. Installing games is good, but I only have a 20 gig HDD, so realistically I can only have one at a time. Just installed Gears 2, took ten minutes. I posted some YouTube videos about it, take a look if you want a second opinion over GB's.Fosssil said:
    "Cool video! Coincidentally enough, I just got an e-mail from Microsoft saying that I'll be able to download the NXE tomorrow at 2 p.m. EST about five minutes after I finished watching your video."

"
    I got an email as well saying that it'll be available to me a 2pm EST. But I have a question. Does it automatically download to your 360, or do you have to do something?
    Fosssil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Fosssil
    uberpwner93 said:
    "AkumaX said:
    "Had it since last week, massive improvement if you ask me. Installing games is good, but I only have a 20 gig HDD, so realistically I can only have one at a time. Just installed Gears 2, took ten minutes. I posted some YouTube videos about it, take a look if you want a second opinion over GB's.Fosssil said:
    "Cool video! Coincidentally enough, I just got an e-mail from Microsoft saying that I'll be able to download the NXE tomorrow at 2 p.m. EST about five minutes after I finished watching your video."

"
    I got an email as well saying that it'll be available to me a 2pm EST. But I have a question. Does it automatically download to your 360, or do you have to do something?"
    As I understand it, you just have to sign on to Xbox Live after 2pm tomorrow and you will be automatically prompted to download the update. The e-mail I got didn't have any sort of instructions, it just said the equivalent of "The NXE will be available to you tomorrow at this time", so I'm guessing you just sign on and go from there.

If that's not the case, then they'll most likely send another e-mail with some further instructions tomorrow afternoon.
    TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

Awesome.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By BiggerBomb

/covet

Damn you. Well, it's only a little more than a week away as of today. I think I can wait....

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By jakob187

Hey, Akuma.  I've got a request, if you don't mind, for one of the install videos.

The thing is, I mean...I know how Call of Duty 4 load times go, so I saw the speed of it all.  However, I was wondering if maybe you could try to do this with one of the older games, such as Oblivion, and show a side-by-side comparison or just a comparison straight-up of loading from the disc versus loading from the game install.  I think it's easy to say that of most of the 360 games out there, Oblivion has some of the most horrendous load times.

I mean, I don't know if you have Oblivion laying around or not to try it out.  Even Fallout 3 would help, because the loading screens on that can be a pain sometimes too.

Just throwin' that out there.  Great vids, btw.

*EDIT*  Nvm, Jeff already did a Fallout 3 install on his video, so it answered my question.
    AkumaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By AkumaX

I was going to do some more installation vids, but I can't be arsed deleting Gears 2 so I can use it once on Oblivion (100 hour plus save on that game).

Thanks for watching y'all, and to those of you about to get the update, it downloads automatically when it becomes available. Sign in before the time they said though, because my email siad I could get it last Saturday, but when I turned the Xbox on on Friday it told me to update.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.