Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

New Xbox Experience

Concept »

The New Xbox Experience, or NXE, overhauled the Xbox 360's dashboard, released on November 19th, 2008. A new "Metro" dashboard was released on December 6th, 2011.

The New Xbox Experience

Aaron_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 6

Edited By Aaron_G

Yesterday the NXE Preview program was released to another group of people and I was one of those people this time round. Of course the first thing I did was make a 3-D representation of

The new Dashboard
    The new Dashboard
     myself. The choices you have at the moment is a nice selection for features, but the choices for clothing are small. We can all guess of course Microsoft will sell a bunch of liscenced content for clothing and all that other stuff.  
    The dashboard is really nice and feels more like an environment rather than a place you are stuck in before the game begins. The content is easier to find. The guide botton has also been revamped and works much much much better. There are some new live features as well, which I haven't been able to test because I am not a Gold member right now ( I need to upgrade again!) Themes are also nicer looking on the new dashboard as well. 

Thats about all I have to say. I know when the NXE is available to everyone on Nov. 19th most people will enjoy the new dashboard a lot. 
    Aaron_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Aaron_G

Yesterday the NXE Preview program was released to another group of people and I was one of those people this time round. Of course the first thing I did was make a 3-D representation of

The new Dashboard
    The new Dashboard
     myself. The choices you have at the moment is a nice selection for features, but the choices for clothing are small. We can all guess of course Microsoft will sell a bunch of liscenced content for clothing and all that other stuff.  
    The dashboard is really nice and feels more like an environment rather than a place you are stuck in before the game begins. The content is easier to find. The guide botton has also been revamped and works much much much better. There are some new live features as well, which I haven't been able to test because I am not a Gold member right now ( I need to upgrade again!) Themes are also nicer looking on the new dashboard as well. 

Thats about all I have to say. I know when the NXE is available to everyone on Nov. 19th most people will enjoy the new dashboard a lot. 
    Avatar image for bestusernameever
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By BestUsernameEver

Ehh, looks okay. Definitely am looking forward to the Netflix feature though.

Aaron_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Aaron_G

The netflix thing does look pretty cool.

gameshark5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By gameshark5

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.