Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nexus: The Jupiter Incident

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Nov 05, 2004

A Real-time strategy/tactics game set in space that puts you in control of various squads of spaceships.

WHY?

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Edited By Rowr

cant this game be made :'(

I've never been so excited and then dissapointed.

Just set it to HD and watch it, might be worth clicking through to youtube for a fullscreen. 

I would give a left testicle for this game to be made.

Edit = It just occured to me this could be regarded youtube spam, although its in the nexus forum but whatever.

So I just purchased Nexus the jupiter incident (this is the tech demo for the sequel which is apparently canned) off steam on a reccomendation in the comments of the flotilla quick look. I'm not too far into it, but so far it's pretty dam cool once it gets going. If you have any interest in space games (and i know some of you do) I would reccomend picking it up for the $9.99 asking price. Just try and overlook the silly name and kind of amateurish british cast of characters for the first few short intro missions until you get to the good stuff.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Rowr

cant this game be made :'(

I've never been so excited and then dissapointed.

Just set it to HD and watch it, might be worth clicking through to youtube for a fullscreen. 

I would give a left testicle for this game to be made.

Edit = It just occured to me this could be regarded youtube spam, although its in the nexus forum but whatever.

So I just purchased Nexus the jupiter incident (this is the tech demo for the sequel which is apparently canned) off steam on a reccomendation in the comments of the flotilla quick look. I'm not too far into it, but so far it's pretty dam cool once it gets going. If you have any interest in space games (and i know some of you do) I would reccomend picking it up for the $9.99 asking price. Just try and overlook the silly name and kind of amateurish british cast of characters for the first few short intro missions until you get to the good stuff.

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By ShaneDev

That looks awesome,  I'll look up the original and maybe buy it.

The question is what happened to all the great space combat and RTS games, a FreeSpace 3 or Homeworld 3 would be awesome.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By sweep  Moderator

" If you have any interest in space games  "

I have an interest in space games. 
    veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By veektarius

I've only heard about the original game from people who are really in the know.  That makes a sequel a fairly high risk undertaking, and we all know how publishers feel about risks.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Rowr
    @Veektarius said:
    " I've only heard about the original game from people who are really in the know.  That makes a sequel a fairly high risk undertaking, and we all know how publishers feel about risks. "

i know but look how gorgeous it is

*sigh*

@ShaneDev said:
    " That looks awesome,  I'll look up the original and maybe buy it. The question is what happened to all the great space combat and RTS games, a FreeSpace 3 or Homeworld 3 would be awesome. "

Homeworld 3 would be awesome, but hugely unlikely since the license went down with sierra or whatever. I dont know why this genre died out, seems like people are dying for a new decent space game. I know i am.
    Virago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Virago

EOAH!!!
    That's insane.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By shirogane

Oh wow, looks awesome! How i havn't heard of this is suprising. I spent a good few months looking at every space game i could find cause i really wanted a good space sim.
    Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Zurv

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.