Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

NHL 11

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Sep 07, 2010

The 19th annual release of EA's successful NHL franchise introduces a Canadian Hockey League license and a new real-time physics engine.

New Tunner set AKA so you think you can figure skate.

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By hockeymask27

Finally picked up NHL 11 today and played a bunch of offline games with my friend. Just like the demo but now I can use the HABS :). So he leaves and I decide to try a quick ranked match. Oh look new tuners cool?. All of a sudden I cant stop my opponent from doing circles in my zones. I try to know off the puck but he aint moving. Finally decides to cross crease it. I was like Hahaha must be an NHL 10 player that crap not going to work. He scores and I'm in awe. Must of been luck.... two seconds latter same goal. Whatever I just let a beam go from the point. I was hoping for a beam and got some slow floaty shot. Fast forward to the end of the game and he beats me 5-1 on 12 shots while I have 30?. I was like wow and decided to play allstar normal with default tuner. All of a sudden the hitting is back I scored a quick shot form the slot and while my slappers didn't go in they were still fast. So I guess i wont be playing more NHL 11 online because I played enough of NHL 10 last year.  I enjoyed the default tuners where high percentage areas matter and normal non pulled all the way back wrist shots had a chance. 

To sum it up, why did EA make it so unless you score the same goals form the same spot. Your not going to score. I'm I crazy or what.

one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By one_2nd

I haven't been able to score on a cross crease unless it was an odd man rush. Then again I only play club, so idk. 

Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Dizzyhippos

Well by admitting to being a habs fan yes your crazy. Also I am going to assume both times you mention you were playing as the habs and I don't know if you noticed this or not but Carey price doesn't have too high of a rating he's the lower half of the 80s if memory serves so that could also be your problem. Plus if you chase people around the zone most times you wont catch them  unless your using a faster player

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By hockeymask27
    @Dizzyhippos said:

" Well by admitting to being a habs fan yes your crazy. Also I am going to assume both times you mention you were playing as the habs and I don't know if you noticed this or not but Carey price doesn't have too high of a rating he's the lower half of the 80s if memory serves so that could also be your problem. Plus if you chase people around the zone most times you wont catch them  unless your using a faster player "

They updated and fixed my problems with it. Speed back up shots. 
    Also i don use the habs because they suck in the game and I'm to hooked on HUT 

Sept 15 (gameplay balance) *Scheduled to deployed at 2am PST / 5 am EST on Sept 15th.

The primary goal of this update is to increase goal scoring and decrease the advantages of solo, dangler style play in favor of more passing. 

The specific changes are:
    -Increase shot accuracy overall.
    -Increases to shot power in some situations.
    -Increase friction on dive.
    -Increase poke check effectiveness.
    -Face-off tuning, primarily to help CPU in certain situations.
    -Decrease fatigue rate during odd man situations (when clock is scaled and you are limited to two lines).
    -Decrease teamplay penalty for missed pass attempts.
    -Small increase to pass receptions (online games and HUT, offline can adjust using slider).
    -Small decrease to puck control (online games and HUT, offline can adjust using slider).
    -Narrowed the range of the agility effect.

As usual we will be monitoring the effects of the changes and will continue to make adjustments to balance gameplay. For offline players these changes are on Tuner V1.02 (except those noted as online/HUT only).

Sept 9 (reducing exploits)
    -Reduce effectiveness of sharp angle goalline shots
    -Reduce effectiveness of slap shots in close
    -Reduce effectiveness of push puck (V1.00 negates this change for offline play).

Sept 7 (launch tuning)
    -Goalie tuning to improve his chances on certain dekes.
    -Reduce the speed of right stick deking.
    -Small reduction to shot accuracy.
    -Remove the prevention of pickups on goalie passes for Normal and Hardcore (so this affects online which uses Normal).
    -Made it easier to trigger push puck.
    -Decrease the ease with which defenders can cleanly intercept passes around the net.    

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.