Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

NHL 11

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Sep 07, 2010

The 19th annual release of EA's successful NHL franchise introduces a Canadian Hockey League license and a new real-time physics engine.

NHL 11 Demo Impressions

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By hockeymask27

Discuss your feelings on the demo here.

So far I'm loving it. I started by jumping into HUT because thats the mode I was most interested in. I'm unaware if what is given in the demo is random or preset. However as a habs fan it felt very bias given the fact that my logo was the bruins logo and my home jersey the maple leafs. Besides those to less then awesome cards the rest of my cards were pretty sweet. I felt like I had good mix of NHL stars and CHL stars along with some Europe talent sprinkled in. I found myself for the next 12-15 minutes salivating at the cards and stats while I built my team. 

Some of my Noteable players
    NHL

Ryan Getzlaf
    Zendo Chara
    Nicklas Backstrom
    Thomas Volkun

CHL

Kyle Alzner
    Brendan Schenn
    Cody Hodgson
    Nazem Kadri

So after getting the team and chemistry just they way I wanted I hit the ice. Then let out a big sigh... when the first thing I see is presented by HONDA but that quickly went away when I saw the new Intro( fuck finally). The next thing I saw was also awesome they re did all the overlays to more TV realistic. Also the Ice even from the opening face-off is much improved. So I finally get into the game play and notice the skating feels a little different,for now I'll say for the better. Soon after i witness my first real time physics hit and it was awesome. I plowed so poor soul with Chara and it looked like poetry in motion.  He fell to ice dropped is stick as he went to go pick it up the stick got knocked away one more time before he actually got to the stick and picked it with an animation.(no Jedi light saber pull :) ). 

The hitting is not the only cool thing in NHL 11.I also have to say the shooting feels faster and gives you a good sense of feedback (think how good FPS lets you feel the gun your shooting). I scored my first goal on just a normal shot coming down the wing. Now those familiar with NHL 10 will see this as a good thing. No more feeling like you have to cheat the goalie A.I. to score. Not that I'm saying scoring is easy because that was the only time i scored rushing down the wing. However I also scored a beauty of wrister coming out from the corner. Which brings me to another new feature goal celebrations. Its alright but its no where close to  the FIFA series yet. I find they do not given you enough time after you score to press any of the buttons. Most of time I scored tried to decided which button I was going to do and bang to late he just went into a pre-canned celebration. I adjusted to as time went so I guess its not that big of a deal on positive note the celebration doesn't last very long. So no worries about jerks online in EASHL . So i went through the tourney losing to team Canada in the finals. Which had the actual team Canada roster so I was pretty screwed. Overall I really enjoyed my time with HUT and look to give it more attention in th full game.

After the time HUT I decided to move on to the Battle for the Cup mode. Since HUT doesn't save after you leave I'll probably spend my time here. Not much more to add from the above but something awesome and heart breaking happened in this game.I chose the Hawks and was 5-4 in the third with like 1 minute left. I accidentally high sticked someone and got a penalty. I was stoked to see they finally changed the goddamn animation.( thats right no more camera whacking) However that feeling quickly changed to pissed as Philly scored to tie it. So were off to over time i come over the blue line let a slapper go it bounces into the air off a defender skate and Hossa tips it in with a bat in. The spotlight goes on I do my celebration and  the crowd goes nuts. All of sudden the ref skates in and waves it off. The play goes for a review and is determined a high stick. a few minutes latter  Philly scores to win the cup. I can't say I was mad  i found it awesome that goal reviews were in.

final thoughts:NHL 11 has no made NHL 10 obsolete.

Mysterion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Mysterion
    @Hockeymask27:
    Is the demo availible on XBLA
    hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By hockeymask27
    @Mysterion said:
    " @Hockeymask27: Is the demo availible on XBLA "
    yes. Just go to browse all demos by letter and go to N
    RavenX302

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By RavenX302

im downloading it now... i never bothered with last years, but i really want to play this one.

Bigrhyno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Bigrhyno

Downloading it now, but won't be playing it until later. I skipped out on last years because I burned myself out with the 09 version. I'm hoping that this will get me excited for it again.

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By hockeymask27
    @RavenX302 said:
    " im downloading it now... i never bothered with last years, but i really want to play this one. "
    @Bigrhyno said:
    " Downloading it now, but won't be playing it until later. I skipped out on last years because I burned myself out with the 09 version. I'm hoping that this will get me excited for it again. "
    alright NHL  for everyone!!! Yeah!
    Avatar image for mustachioeugene
    mustachioeugene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By mustachioeugene

stuck at work, but wondering; what are the menus like this year?  I hate the highlight cursor and the way it fades in and out, when I'm trying to sort through rosters and pay careful attention to numbers, the slow fade from intense white to low gray would make my eyes hurt after a while.

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By hockeymask27
    @mustachioeugene said:
    " stuck at work, but wondering; what are the menus like this year?  I hate the highlight cursor and the way it fades in and out, when I'm trying to sort through rosters and pay careful attention to numbers, the slow fade from intense white to low gray would make my eyes hurt after a while. "

Hope this answers your question.

Just to go back on what I said before I went back to HUT and spent my time there for the fact it quicker to get back into gameplay.
    one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By one_2nd
    @mustachioeugene said:

" stuck at work, but wondering; what are the menus like this year?  I hate the highlight cursor and the way it fades in and out, when I'm trying to sort through rosters and pay careful attention to numbers, the slow fade from intense white to low gray would make my eyes hurt after a while. "

Trust me, they're A LOT better. Stress on a lot.  I don't think they'll freeze like last years at all.  

My impression: love everything about it. The interceptions, penalties, goals, the physics in everything is just amazing. However the puck's physics are just a bit off. I think it reacts a bit too much in certain situations. Can't wait for this game.
    one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By one_2nd
    @Hockeymask27: Something I just noticed that is really bad in this game, try a hip check. It's way too effective. (you do this by clicking in right stick). 
    Blubba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Blubba

I haven't played an NHL game in a while and here are a couple of gripes I've been having: 

• The tutorial is not very helpful. I didn't feel adequately taught how to play defense or do board play. 
    • The game feels to slow. This is supposed to be the fastest game on Earth.
    • Controls in general just feel really unresponsive. Everytime I try to set up a perfect one-timer, the player receiving the puck just lets it go right by him. Defense I try to poke check and hit and sometimes it will work and sometimes it just won't and I never really get the impression of what I'm doing right or wrong. The controls just feel janky for some reason.

Still, if there's somebody who wants to help me out or tell me if there is something I am doing wrong, I would more than gladly accept your help. =) 
    hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By hockeymask27
    @one_2nd said:
    " @Hockeymask27: Something I just noticed that is really bad in this game, try a hip check. It's way too effective. (you do this by clicking in right stick).  "
    I sort of agree. It hard to line one up which is good. but that doesn't really matter when if one tiny thread on pants touch the person getting check they go flying.
    one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By one_2nd
    @Hockeymask27: exactly. Also irl the guy has to moving pretty quickly to get hit with a hip check, in this he could be going really slowly and still get hip checked. It's stupid. Online people are going to abuse this, you heard it here first. 
    DevWil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DevWil
    @one_2nd said:

" @Hockeymask27: Something I just noticed that is really bad in this game, try a hip check. It's way too effective. (you do this by clicking in right stick).  "

i thought so at first, too.  however, after playing a few more games i realized that the AI is smarter in this game and you really have to time and line it up just right, otherwise they'll skate right past you. 

@Blubba said:

" I haven't played an NHL game in a while and here are a couple of gripes I've been having: 

• The tutorial is not very helpful. I didn't feel adequately taught how to play defense or do board play. 
    • The game feels to slow. This is supposed to be the fastest game on Earth.
    • Controls in general just feel really unresponsive. Everytime I try to set up a perfect one-timer, the player receiving the puck just lets it go right by him. Defense I try to poke check and hit and sometimes it will work and sometimes it just won't and I never really get the impression of what I'm doing right or wrong. The controls just feel janky for some reason.

Still, if there's somebody who wants to help me out or tell me if there is something I am doing wrong, I would more than gladly accept your help. =) 
    "
    you've just been away from hockey games too long, i'm guessing.  i think you think hockey is faster than it really is--at least, when translated to a video game played from a very high perspective.  i'm sure the last few EA NHL games all seem slow compared to previous-gen hockey games, but they really do have the pace down pat. 

the one-timer timing needs to be much more precise in EA's NHL games than in other games. poke checks and other controls are fine, imo.  i think it just feels unfamiliar to you.    i'll admit that boardplay is a weird thing to wrap your head around, though. but if you know how to play defense in real-life hockey, it should translate to the game just fine. 

My impressions: 
    Pros: 
    -Everything feels really organic and realistic to me.  The hitting is great.  I like that I can actually finish checks on defensemen after they get rid of the puck. 
    -Presentation is fresh and I like it. 
    -Framerate and graphics seem better.  I could be crazy. 
    -All of the new animations are much appreciated.  Goalies look way better and using the puck protect button looks way less silly and feels way less stiff.
    -Sticks break just often enough, imo. 
    -I think I prefer the new passing controls over the old ones. 
    -Ultimate Team should be great.  It all depends on how the game's economy works out.  If you can't be reasonably competitive without spending Microsoft Points, it'll be a real bummer. 
    -Face-offs are more than a dice-roll/rhythm game now.  The system seems great, but I still haven't totally wrapped my head around it.

Cons: 
    -I've beaten Team Canada twice and gotten no indication that my bonus pack for the retail game was upgraded.  I dunno. 
    -Still saw some silly-looking own-goals and stuff like that.  Not a big deal. 
    - I have no idea if I got the Hustle feature to work. 
    -Super short window to do a celebration.  I could see this being fixed in the final game. 
    -AI defenders still didn't care about an empty net behind them. This was Pro difficulty and the retail game isn't out yet, but AI players playing with no desperation at all in the neutral/defensive zone with an EN behind them is something that has bothered me a lot since NHL 09. It's given me a lot of last-minute minuses in BAP. 
    -Line change menu animations are neat, but take way longer than 09.  Hasn't been a problem yet, but I don't think I like it.
    CharleyTony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15  Edited By CharleyTony

• this year's game looks real good to me. I have decided a couple of years ago to buy HL every other year because getting it each time gets to cost a lost of money, knowing the game is worth othig once the new one is out. I skipped NHL10 ad I'm glad NHL 11 looks great...
    Avatar image for bam_d_leprechaun
    Bam_D_Leprechaun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By Bam_D_Leprechaun

throughly enjoyed it, im still playing it too, love all the new animations, hip checks for the WIN

one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By one_2nd
    @DevWil: The hustle feature is definitely working for me. 
    DevWil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DevWil
    @one_2nd:  

does it not have an animation associated with it?  i would click the left stick and it seemed like it made me go a little faster, but i wasn't sure because it didn't look any different, really.
    WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By WickedCestus

I played Battle for the Cup for two periods and I didn't really like the passing style or the movement. That being said, I hated the NHL 10 demo but now I play it every day so I'm sure I'll like NHL 11 fine when it comes out.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#20  Edited By Sooperspy

Im downloading the Joe danger, NHL 11, and HAWX 2 demos now. This will take a WHILE.

LiquidS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By LiquidS

Might be the only way to see the Flames do anything this season, will download tomorrow and give it a go.
    one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By one_2nd
    @DevWil said:
    " @one_2nd:   does it not have an animation associated with it?  i would click the left stick and it seemed like it made me go a little faster, but i wasn't sure because it didn't look any different, really. "
    Each click makes you go progressively faster. There's a max of three clicks. There's not much of an animation other than the players legs moving faster. Trust me it's a very noticeable difference if the player has decent speed. Try it with patick kane. 
    Zelnox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Zelnox

Downloading right now. The last one I really played was 2008.

Avatar image for fakeplastictree
    FakePlasticTree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By FakePlasticTree

I haven't played the ultimate team mode but I played the Game 7 of the cup thing a couple times. I really love the new faceoff mechanics, it makes the faceoff circle much more exciting. The little things in the background haven't changed much, and that's a bit disappointing. I like how the crowd actually cheers when a big hit is made and when the announcer calls out the goal scorer, but the actual crowd still looks janky, except now instead of wearing 4 different shirts for the entire audience they are down to 3 shirts and a home jersey. It really takes you out of the experience when you're watching a replay and a few dudes in the crowd jump up when, in reality, no one in the stands would react that way to whatever the play was. 

Another thing is the commentating. WHY CAN'T YOU LEARN FROM FIFA?!?!??!?! The announcers are absolutely terrible, as they usually are. They also don't react to the play properly. I was up 4-2 with a minute left and Philly pulled Leighton. I broke into the zone alone and unfortunately hit the bar. The commentator proceded to tell me that I had the keeper beat but just couldn't get it past the iron. I guess that considering the keeper was on the bench I technically did have him beat, but it's also a bit of a let down to hear those kind of things still happen.  

None of that actually affects the gameplay, so it's all minor complaints, but still stuff I would hope to see fixed by the 20th year the NHL series has existed. As far as the game, it was a lot of fun, and the hitting along the boards is A LOT more satisfying, but I always struggle with that camera angle since I usually only play Be A Pro mode. Graphically it looked better than the other games, and it's nice to see the goalies finally get some more believable animations. Finally, it's still way too easy to skate up the wing past the AI, throw it in front across the net, and score almost every time. I didn't bother with difficulty settings in the demo, so maybe it's better in higher difficulties.  

I'm going to play through all the tutorials (only did the faceoff one) and check out the other mode, but I lent a friend NHL 10 shortly after it came out and just lost contact, so I've been playing NHL 09 for the past two years. I'm ready for a new hockey game, and it sure as shit isn't going to be the God awful NHL 2K series. 

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By monetarydread

Buying this game day 1. Ever since I heard that I can play with the Kamloops Blazers (one of the greatest WHL teams ever) I have been sold on NHL 11. Now I understand why americans buy NCAA titles.

one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By one_2nd
    @FakePlasticTree: The announcers don't even get remotely excited when I get on a breakaway half of the time. They really do suck. 
    Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By Cube

Nothing new enough for me to go out and buy it again. 

Skipped out on 10, Skipping 11.

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By hockeymask27

Been fooling around with authentic puck size. It's pretty neat and allows even more goal variety. I wont be using it to long because it will give me bad playing habits for online. Anyone else like it?

Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Dizzyhippos

I was a little miffed with the demo at first but then I realized that there going for more of a sim then and arcade game in this one. Also the hipchecks OH THE HIPCHECKS

DevWil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By DevWil

noticed today that there's a new PA announcer.  i think i like the new one.  sounds more like a real-life announcer and less like the standard video game PA announcer for the past 10+ years. 

it's such a generous demo, really.  being able to play through HUT over and over is a lot of fun.  i got my 50th ranked win in NHL 10 online versus (50-24, kthx) on monday in anticipation of never playing it again once the 11 demo came out.  i don't think i was wrong.

SkinnyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#31  Edited By SkinnyBlue

I'm impressed with what I've played of the demo, the gameplay refinements are welcome and it definitely feels a lot less stiff then NHL 10 did. The Ultimate Team mode is a really neat addition, the trading card system is well thought out and the line chemistry is fun to mess around with. I'm a little dissapointed that the commentators weren't replaced for this game, hearing Gary Thorne and Bill Clement is starting to get a little old, they do the same thing every year. Otherwise I'm really looking forward to this game, I'm going to be spending a lot of time playing it.

one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By one_2nd

All of the NHL 10 glitches are back, some of the NHL 09 glitches are back, and there are several new ones i've found. I hope they do something about this. 

DevWil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By DevWil
    @one_2nd:  be specific.  i'm ready to say you're full of shit, sir.  before you even start: scoring from the slot isn't a glitch.  it's hockey.
    one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By one_2nd
    @DevWil: mmk, curve shot's back, every glitch from 10 (try anyone of them, it should work), and lastly if your stick is toward the boards and you skate down the wing, wide of the goaltender and take a slapshot top corner it works every single time. There is also another one I found off of a certain faceoff, but that'd be way too complex to explain. If you don't believe me I'll post a video for you. Also I should add it's in battle for the cup mode, I'm using the blackhawks, and playing on superstar difficulty. Do I really have any reason to lie about this? lol
    DevWil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By DevWil
    @one_2nd said:
    " @DevWil: mmk, curve shot's back, every glitch from 10 (try anyone of them, it should work), and lastly if your stick is toward the boards and you skate down the wing, wide of the goaltender and take a slapshot top corner it works every single time. There is also another one I found off of a certain faceoff, but that'd be way too complex to explain. If you don't believe me I'll post a video for you. Also I should add it's in battle for the cup mode, I'm using the blackhawks, and playing on superstar difficulty. Do I really have any reason to lie about this? lol "
    i'm not calling you a liar; i just think people who play the game are way too quick to call certain goals glitches.

curve shot isn't back.  it's been discussed to death on EA's forums and you're just wrong.

every glitch from 10?  like what?  wraparounds have been nerfed in a big bad way (for the best) and i can't think of many other things people grossly exploited (which weren't fixed in 10 or explicitly fixed in 11).  unless, again, you're talking about shots from the slot which...again...aren't glitches.  in real-life hockey, if you let a player with any amount of skill into the slot, it's bad news.

in regard to the "skate down the wing, slap shot high" goal...i don't know what you're talking about specifically (can't picture what you're describing), but if you mean goalies seems too soft on the short side, i can agree.  i haven't played much outside of pro difficulty in the demo (playing EAUHL mostly), but if goalies are letting in goals short side often, that's a problem for sure.  at the same time, i'm glad goalies do seem a little softer in 11.  they don't move laterally as well and don't have ESP to find loose pucks in the crease.

don't mention the face-off one if you aren't going to detail it, man.  i'm going to guess: center ties up the opposing center in the offensive zone, board-side winger gets the puck, skates towards the slot, and shoots it in.  glitch?  no.  that's hockey.  maybe that's not what you have in mind, but it's a strategy i noticed works well in 11...because it works well in real life.

seriously, be specific or i'm going to dismiss you like i dismiss most people who complain about glitch goals in the NHL series.  people exploiting deflections by slap passing from the corner to their buddy in the crease was a glitch/cheese.  the curve shot (RIP) was a glitch/cheese.  i haven't seen anything even close to those types of things in 11, in my own game or in videos/reports from other people who have played it.
    one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By one_2nd
    @DevWil: I've scored on the curve-shot several times. Try clicking the fake shoot button just as you do it. It gets your player in that kicking-hard-wrist-shot motion. No, I like what they did with the wrap-around this year, it's success rate is about the same as it is irl.  

Also I know how the slot works, but if someone does the same move over and over and over from the slot above the hashmarks to the point where it's unstoppable, I'm sorry but that's just a glitch. That doesn't happen in real life. Also when I mentioned nhl 10, I didn't just mean the glitch shots. It's still really easy to get past the d to the point where you have a cross-crease pass open on every rush.   

Sorry but your guess was wrong. I win it to my d, skate to mid-point, take a slapshot opposite-bottom corner and it goes in every time. I know that's really vague, but I really don't know what I can say. 

Sorry I wasn't specific, I didn't want to type a lot because these forums aren't too busy and I thought no one would even read it. Also why are you writing so condescendingly toward me in regards to hockey irl? I know a lot of NHL fans don't know anything about hockey irl, but I do. I don't see why you're assuming I don't. Sorry if I sounded like an asshole in those last two paragraphs, but I noticed both times you wrote to me you assumed I knew nothing about real life hockey. I play all the time and watch about 100 games per season. I'm wearing a ryan callahan jersey right now.  

Also I'd just like to add something. I remember having a conversation with you about what's new in EASHL this year and we were talking about how they didn't really announce anything at all regarding that yet. Well yeah they plan on releasing that info this friday. 
    DevWil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By DevWil
    @one_2nd: yeah i saw they were going to have a live chat on friday.  anxious for it.  UFA/RFA details in a blog tomorrow, but i can't imagine anybody who knows anything about the CBA will be too blown away by anything in that.  seems like they're just finally getting it right. 

i just think people are WAY too quick to call goals glitches.  i'm still not impressed by what you're claiming.  and even if the fake-cancel-wrist thing you're describing works like magic, that isn't the curve shot.  the curve shot was a pretty specific exploit that has been done away with.

if you're telling me the AI defensemen are still too eager to give you the blue line...yeah maybe.  again, barely played outside of Pro.  i've been impressed with the defense's ability to intercept cross-crease passes, though. 

make a video or i think we'll just have to agree to disagree and wait to see if the retail product is broken.  in the meantime, i'll take a look at the kind of things you're describing myself.
    one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By one_2nd
    @DevWil: Ok, sounds good. If we do end up having this awesome GB community xbl club, I'll be happy to show you the glitches I described. Also I forgot to mention one. The wraparound glitch on the forehand through the five-hole still works sometimes. And yeah they finally got the interceptions right. I'm really excited for this game, the pros definitely outweigh the cons. Also I was glad to finally have an NHL discussion on GB, thanks for that. 
    Fosssil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Fosssil

I wasn't really fond of the passing mechanics at first, because I was accustomed to a quick press resulting in a tape-to-tape. Now that I've got the timing and rhythm of it down, though, I really like it. The options that it opens up with drop passes and the like makes it that much easier for me to apply my intuitive hockey knowledge from playing in real life to situations in the game. Definitely anticipating this one, though I probably won't buy it at launch because Halo: Reach is out the following week and I don't want to drop that much money on games in such a short time. Hopefully Amazon will have it on sale near the holidays like they did with 10 last year, so I can pick it up then.

DevWil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By DevWil
    @one_2nd: i tried some of the things you mentioned. 

slapping it from the point off the face-off towards the lower corner didn't work.  clicking the right stick before a shot didn't do anything unexpected.  skating down the boards and slapping it high didn't get me any goals either.  i dunno, man.  either you're seeing patterns where there are none or i'm doing it wrong. 

i've scored five hole on a wraparound since the demo's been out too, but i don't think it's anywhere near as exploitable as last year's game.
    one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By one_2nd
    @DevWil: Like I said if this GB club thing pulls through I'd love to show you. Btw any club name ideas? Last year my club's name was "What the Puck." I was gonna make it that again, but I'm open to suggestions. 
    Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Dizzyhippos
    @one_2nd:  I dont know if I would call most of the goals in nhl 11's demo glitches, most of them are believable, as anyone that has watched a game with toskola in net will tell you, sometimes goalies let in soft goals. Also this is there first time ever using this new engine, the goalies are throwing saves on the fly not cookie cutter saves so of coarse there are going to be some kinks to work out. In other breaking news, guess what if you were good at nhl 10 you will probably be good at 11
    one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By one_2nd
    @Dizzyhippos: Yeah, I went a little overboard. However there are a few shots that I would definitely classify as glitches. I've gotta say it's much improved, and they did a pretty good job. I can't wait to play club. 
    Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Dizzyhippos
    @one_2nd:  I would also like to point out that the demo is probably a fairly old build of the game, if you look threw the player cards toni lydman is still a buffalo sabre and he changed teams the first day of free agency
    one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By one_2nd
    @Dizzyhippos: The rosters aren't updated until all of the rookies join the NHLPA I think. It's in early september. 
    Disengage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#46  Edited By Disengage
    @one_2nd: They put out a roster update last year the day the game came out. They'll probably get most of the late free agent signings fixed not long after it's out.
    slilley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By slilley

there is a roster & tuner set available already, i got it when I turned the game on for the first time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.