Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

NHL 17

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Sep 13, 2016

EA's hockey game for 2016 will allow players to participate in the World Cup of Hockey.

Anyone have it?

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

It's quiet in here!

The series has been a bit of a joke for a while, same version released year after year.

But, as a Canadian, I'm forced to buy it. Anyone else buy it? What do you all think?

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

I'm in the same boat as you bub, gonna pick it up over the weekend I think.. Hopefully someone here will have played it by then and has the scoop!

Actually, Alex will review, won't he? @alex?

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#3 FinalDasa  Moderator

I've been waiting, year after year, for a good entry on the current consoles.

Especially since the Lightning have been pretty good, I want to buy a version where my hometown team is competitive.

Avatar image for zimzamfromspace
    zimzamfromspace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By zimzamfromspace

well when someone gets it, please report to us if it's good or not! I'm super curious if this is good, it may be the first one I pick up since 14. And even then, I only got it because my home town team (The Kings) had good stats that time around. I really hope this time around the shootout mode is good, too.

zach66827

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It's OK. If you've played last year's, or even 2015, the gameplay is pretty similar. I'm fine with that as I feel like it's been pretty good. Everything feels way more fleshed out this time. All the modes have more options. Comes down to if you like playing the actual hockey. If so, I think it's worth it.

sikdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have the 10 hour trial (EA Access) on Xbox One and while I haven't dived into the features too much, the gameplay feels largely the same as last years iteration. I'm on the fence since I have NHL 16. I try to do every 2 years with sports games.

BlurryW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I play the online versus an embarrassing amount every year, so Im sure I will again. The core hockey itself has kept getting better.
    NHL 17 I havent bought yet, but Im sure I will.

jppt1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hope you all enjoy it as hockey is like a religion in Canada.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By jslack

Ok, well I have it now, in case anyone wants to play on PS4: JoeSlack

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.