Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

NHL '94

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released September 1993

The 1994 entry in EA's ice hockey series. It is widely considered the best of the NHL series and one of the best hockey games ever made.

First Blog Post

macgrill122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By macgrill122

I never realized, until recently, that there was so much to see and do on this site. I obsess over Achievements on Xbox Live, so the Quest system is a great way to spend more time on the site. The podcast is my favorite, the guys are great characters and they deliver great content consistently. I'm a sports gamer first, although I will play pretty much anything i can get my hands on. Also, I love lists. 
    Personal Top 5 Videogames (a list of games I would bring "to a deserted island... that featured electricity and online access"
    1. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (360): I chose Oblivion over Morrowind although I probably put a few more hours into Morrowind. These two games were my introduction to any kind of RPG, and after the first two hours of Morrowind I was hooked. I enjoyed the graphics and sound, but it was the ability to collect items and develop my character that kept me going past 60 hours. Oblivion was the first game I played to completion by unlocking all of its achievements on the 360. Oblivion was the first game that both me and my wife put over 60 hours into, and she's a very casual gamer. 
    2. NHL '94 (SNES): I could still play this game, after spending many an afternoon after school playing it in season mode or against my brother. '94 was the second release for the SNES but more fluid than the first. Also, this version kept season stats and let you lift the Stanley Cup after a lot of hard work. Calgary's line of Joe Niewendyk centering Gary Roberts and Theo Fleury is still my favorite NHL line of all time. 
    3. MLB 10: The Show (PS3): If I am going to be on a deserted island, I will want a game that can take a long time to play, with many different modes, excellent gameplay and amazing presentation. Baseball games take a long time but if I had that time I would play The Show all day. 
    4. Geometry Wars 2 (360): Again based on the amount of time I have put into gameplay. GW2 loads quickly, features 6 excellent game modes, an easily displayed friends leaderboard, and a simple premise: score the most points. I will play a few rounds after playing a different game for a long time, or if I just have 5 minutes to kill before doing something else. The controls are great, also. Amazing game. 
    5. FIFA 10 (360): I love in depth sports games, and FIFA barely makes it over the most recent NHL title. These are the games I play, the most updated versions typically, and I like to put a lot of time in them. Manager mode in FIFA has been tweaked some over the past few years and I love the changes. There are so many different teams and leagues in FIFA and the ability to spend more time with them would be a winning characteristic. 

So that is a little bit about my gaming preferences. Thanks.

macgrill122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By macgrill122

I never realized, until recently, that there was so much to see and do on this site. I obsess over Achievements on Xbox Live, so the Quest system is a great way to spend more time on the site. The podcast is my favorite, the guys are great characters and they deliver great content consistently. I'm a sports gamer first, although I will play pretty much anything i can get my hands on. Also, I love lists. 
    Personal Top 5 Videogames (a list of games I would bring "to a deserted island... that featured electricity and online access"
    1. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (360): I chose Oblivion over Morrowind although I probably put a few more hours into Morrowind. These two games were my introduction to any kind of RPG, and after the first two hours of Morrowind I was hooked. I enjoyed the graphics and sound, but it was the ability to collect items and develop my character that kept me going past 60 hours. Oblivion was the first game I played to completion by unlocking all of its achievements on the 360. Oblivion was the first game that both me and my wife put over 60 hours into, and she's a very casual gamer. 
    2. NHL '94 (SNES): I could still play this game, after spending many an afternoon after school playing it in season mode or against my brother. '94 was the second release for the SNES but more fluid than the first. Also, this version kept season stats and let you lift the Stanley Cup after a lot of hard work. Calgary's line of Joe Niewendyk centering Gary Roberts and Theo Fleury is still my favorite NHL line of all time. 
    3. MLB 10: The Show (PS3): If I am going to be on a deserted island, I will want a game that can take a long time to play, with many different modes, excellent gameplay and amazing presentation. Baseball games take a long time but if I had that time I would play The Show all day. 
    4. Geometry Wars 2 (360): Again based on the amount of time I have put into gameplay. GW2 loads quickly, features 6 excellent game modes, an easily displayed friends leaderboard, and a simple premise: score the most points. I will play a few rounds after playing a different game for a long time, or if I just have 5 minutes to kill before doing something else. The controls are great, also. Amazing game. 
    5. FIFA 10 (360): I love in depth sports games, and FIFA barely makes it over the most recent NHL title. These are the games I play, the most updated versions typically, and I like to put a lot of time in them. Manager mode in FIFA has been tweaked some over the past few years and I love the changes. There are so many different teams and leagues in FIFA and the ability to spend more time with them would be a winning characteristic. 

So that is a little bit about my gaming preferences. Thanks.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.