Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Mar 23, 2018

The sequel to Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch for Windows and PlayStation 4. Narrowly surviving a successful coup on his kingdom, the young Even Pettiwhisker strives to build a new kingdom and unite all the realms in peace.

Ben's Ni No Kuni II Revelation

Jimbo7676

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Ben has talked twice now on the Bombcast about some big revelation/epiphany he had in the game and I really want to know what it is. I've beaten the game but not sure what he is referring to. Anyone know or would like to guess? Please use spoiler tags where appropriate.

Avatar image for fear_the_booboo
    Fear_the_Booboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Fear_the_Booboo

No idea but I’m very curious too. I’m at chapter 9 right now, my guess is that it is about the boy Evan is seen talking to between every chapter? I don’t know.

Zalera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

I was just wondering the same myself lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
    deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I need to know!

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

As someone who doesn't plan to play this game, I'd love @benpack to drop a line with the answer.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nodima said:

As someone who doesn't plan to play this game, I'd love @benpack to drop a line with the answer.

Seconded. Was actually thinking of PM'ing him while listening to the bombcast on my way home from work, but I haven't reached that level of creeper yet :)

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Have beaten and also still wondering what he is referring to.

TravisRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe that the kid is dead? Or is that already implied?

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By soulcake

Ok i think i know it but it could be totally wrong. Every nation in the game represents a different Political ideology Ding Dong Dell for example is South Africa ( heavy segregation ) instead of Black and White it's Cats and Dogs. There's a tech city named treehouse witch represent a technocracy or a more capitalistic version of a Technocracy, There's a city with a big all seeing eye witch point more to the police state / fascist society. And then your own Kingdom is Globalist / Communist cause you want to unite the world by forcing set factions to write a treaty to unify all factions under one banner.

archnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soulcake said:

Ok i think i know it but it could be totally wrong. Every nation in the game represents a different Political ideology Ding Dong Dell for example is South Africa ( heavy segregation ) instead of Black and White it's Cats and Dogs. There's a tech city named treehouse witch represent a technocracy or a more capitalistic version of a Technocracy, There's a city with a big all seeing eye witch point more to the police state / fascist society. And then your own Kingdom is Globalist / Communist cause you want to unite the world by forcing set factions to write a treaty to unify all factions under one banner.

I don't think that's it, that's more so the theme of the game he referenced it as "the Phoenix Down moment" (that 'downing' is bird feathers) so is there some amazing pun that is important to the mechanics of the game?

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My revelation was that I finally got bored enough to put the game aside. It’s still the most hours I’ve ever put into playing a JRPG, but I just couldn’t anymore.

I’ll probably continue it during summer, since it’s not exactly a hard game to come back to, but currently I have no trouble just not playing it and waiting for GoW instead.

Jellybones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Seriously, this has been in my head for over a week now. Inquiring minds, @benpack!

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I wonder if he's saving it for a podcast/GotY podcast, though he seems done talking about the game on the regular Bombcast without ever revealing what thing he was referring to.

Paliv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I thought he was talking about soreaway, due to him saying it was a Phoenix down moment.

tiger8380

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By tiger8380

I would also love to know what he was talking about. I really hope he hops in here or maybe one of us needs to ask on the aftershow

DanishingAct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was it not about the last boss's name?

DeadpanCakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Dunno what Ben's revelation was but from how people're describing it, it sounds similar to the one I had towards the end of the game (literal end game spoiler): Roland is an anagram of Doloran with an extra o (though maybe Roland's name in Japanese would be pronounced Rolando?).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.