Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Mar 23, 2018

The sequel to Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch for Windows and PlayStation 4. Narrowly surviving a successful coup on his kingdom, the young Even Pettiwhisker strives to build a new kingdom and unite all the realms in peace.

Who's playing this on PC?

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I want to pick this up but I want to make sure the port's alright! Anyone playing it on PC? Everything working ok? I'm sure it's not the most graphically demanding game but it'd be nice to know that, you know, it doesn't crash a bunch or whatever.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

@rorie: Mind if I also ask that people share their base PS4 experiences as well? If not, I can delete this comment.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

perdido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By perdido

Im gonna start my run at this game tonight after upf, ill keep an eye out for ya and report any problems that come up. Im not playing on a power machine though. I only have an I7, 16gb Ram, an hdd (no ssd), and a 960/2gb.

update: had an issue with my main comp futzing out so switched to my backup LT: I5/4gb/960M1gb, at standard settings its a little choppy but still playable, no crashes, inputs seem ok with a regular bluetooth xbox controller.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#5  Edited By alistercat

Bought it on PC, hasn't finished downloading yet but all comments suggest it runs very well. I fully expect to run it at 1440p, 60fps on a 1070.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
    deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been playing for 4 hours and I have had zero problems so far. No crashes, no frame rate or other technical issues. Like you said it's not the most graphically demanding game and it also shows in places, though the art design is fantastic.

makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

I played (and streamed) the game for a few hours this morning and had no technical troubles or crashes. It's not a very resource-demanding game at all and seems pretty well optimised. Here's a clip of a boss fight at 1080p, highest settings, 60fps mode on a gtx1060 for reference.

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Zurv

been playing on the PC for about an hour with a xbox elite controller. The game is working great. As you can guess it isn't very demanding. It is running about 30% on my Titan V. (I'm capped at 60 as i didn't see the point of the unlimited option for this.)

The game looks amazing in 4k + HDR. I also switch off from the gaming HDR mode as input lag doesn't really impact game play. (and LG OLED gaming mode is a little dull.)

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems like it's working pretty well for me too! Good thing to know the port is OK. Widescreen looks good!

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Rondier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Rondier

I've played a couple of hours of this last night. Really enjoying it so far. Despite being very easy, the combat is reactive and fun to play.

However, has anyone here had issues syncing their XBOne controller? It seems if I alt-tab out of the game I can no longer use it without having to relaunch. Also the game will not pick up the controller without using Big Picture mode.

Still, look forward to getting stuck in further!

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have been playing this a bunch and can definitely attest to it being super easy. I've only wiped out once in one of the magic door dungeons, when the end boss wound up being five levels higher than anything I'd faced before and managed to do a single attack that wiped out my entire party. Seems like it could use a difficulty slider.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
    deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah same here. The only time I've been wiped out is when I've tried to fight monsters that are way higher level than me. Otherwise it's been too easy and big bosses that are supposed to feel like these epic battles end in a matter of minutes without much of a sweat.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I just started it and it runs fine for me, I've heard about the difficulty, I don't mind it not being very hard, I'm not looking for a challenge but to steamroll would be a bummer. The first Ni No Kuni was at least scaled better if I remember correctly.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pro tip for pc users lock the frame rate to 60 fps if i put it on unlimited i got weird stutters maybe it's because of my 166hz monitor ?

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Random framerate drops occurred here and there and HDR was broken (for me and some others)
    last time I checked so I got a refund and will try again in a month or two when/if fixed.
    Spending my money elsewhere for now.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

It is running very well for me but if I set it to borderless window I get 2 frames dropping every couple of seconds that gives it a slight micro stutter. Setting it to fullscreen fixes this but I use 2 monitors and hate having to tab out.

The game looks incredible. Probably the best 3D looking "cel shading". Tempted to run Cheat Engine to speed up the kingdom building.

JoeDangerous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is excellent news. I can't wait to pick this up somewhere down the line.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.