Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ni no Kuni: Shikkoku no Madoshi

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Dec 09, 2010

A role playing game from Level-5 and Studio Ghibli for the Nintendo DS.

Import Friendly?

SMacEachern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SMacEachern

This game and the PS3 version look great. Does anyone know if this is at all import friendly for an English speaker?

Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 28

#2  Edited By Pepsiman

Not sure if you're still keen on an answer five days later, but having just started the game tonight, I thought I'd chime in with my thoughts. Ni no Kuni isn't the most import unfriendly game in the world. The upper screen is used to point you towards your objectives on the map and you could (probably) intuit your way through most of the battle menus since there's nothing super unusual in them. That being said, there are still parts of the game where you need to be paying attention to the dialog to know how to move the story forward and the 360+ page book it comes with is necessary in order to figure out spell information (ie: what to draw and how, their effects, etc.), as the game is very specifically designed to be used in tandem with it. Even from what little I've played so far, which is about two hours, you're probably going to need a guide of some sort, as well as potentially a translation for the book, in order to get through it. Whether that sort of information exists is something I don't know since I speak Japanese, so I haven't really looked into it. That being said, it doesn't look like GameFAQs has much, so that might be a general indicator.

There's also just the issue of missing out on story stuff by not knowing the language. You can pick up the basics by just watching the cutscenes and inferring what's going on, but there's always nuances in the dialog that make the experience more enjoyable.

datarez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By datarez

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.