Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 17, 2011

A role-playing game developed by Level-5 and animated sequences produced by Studio Ghibli Inc.

That Music

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Sterling

I love the music in this game. I don't think I have loved the music in a game this much since Nier or Lost Odyssey.

You can listen to the OST here on youtube, I wont post the video links directly myself, as not to be spammy.

I find myself humming a few of the songs as they play in my head quite frequently. Just a little bit ago a co worker (yes I know, shame on me for being on GB at work) asked me what I was humming. I showed her the song on youtube and she is now sitting and listing to the whole OST at her desk.

And I found this while looking to buy the official OST, which is what actually prompted this topic. And I have to say, I disagree completely. The battle music is great, and does not get old after 1,000 battles. Even if I only hear 5-10 seconds of it.

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Sanity

Yea, i also like the battle music, its not the best i'v ever heard but its not as bad as that article portrays it. My favorite battle music from a JRPG has to be from FF9 tho, specifically the music from the Beatrix battle.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3  Edited By me3639

Im not really big into vg music, but the fairy land circus type anthem was really good. Makes me happy, happy, happy.

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By NoobSauceG7

The music is fantastic! I enjoy all of iit, can't think of one bad piece.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Spoonman671

It's great to hear music with that uniquely Japanese composition. I've missed it, having not played as many JRPGs this generation.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By musubi

@oulzac: Kotaku is fucking sensationalist garbage. And I agree the score is amazing especially the track you get when your flying around on your dragon. Its quite honestly quickly becoming my favorite JRPG in years.

Yadilie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By Yadilie

The music isn't bad but it surely is not great either. The whole soundtrack minus a few songs are rather generic and get tiring after a couple hundreds times of them reseting. Some songs just make me want to stop playing this game and pick up Dragon Quest 7. Course the music might just a minor reason added to other plethora of reasons.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

I never played the game much but the music is great. It is all well made and the tracks that stand out are very good.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sterling

@me3639: I was kinda bummed that one was not on the OST.

@Demoskinos: Yeah, I have never been a fan of the site. I only tend to read articles from links others post, or I accidentally click a link from google.

dropabombonit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By dropabombonit

Thanks for the link to the soundtrack, I have been looking for away to listen to the music outside the game. The composer did say he would love to perform the soundtrack for a show like he did with other Studio Ghibli music, here is hoping that it will happen

Wheady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Wheady

yea, i gotta agree, the music in this game was great. the only thing was that there was only 2 or 3 songs used for dungeons which was a little disappointing. Other than that it was very enjoyable and ill be listening to this OST outside the game for awhile :D

TohruAdachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By TohruAdachi

The Al Mamoon music is so addicting to listen to.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.