Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 17, 2011

A role-playing game developed by Level-5 and animated sequences produced by Studio Ghibli Inc.

What is the correct level for the glittering Grotto?

dropabombonit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dropabombonit

So I got to the Glittering Grotto last night and was just getting worked over constantly despite having the correct familiars and equipment to counteract ice/water attacks. My Oliver is lvl 34 and I already got the other 2 stones with little to no problems. So I was wondering what lvl other people where when they beat this area. Also if I have to grind, what is a good area to do it in?

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Zeik

I think I was like 40+ , but I felt overleveled as everything ran away from me and nothing put up much of a fight. You shouldn't need to gain any more than a couple levels. What familiars are you using?

If you need to grind go to Ugly Duckling Island (NE of Ding Dong Dell) and fight a couple Toko's, they give 2,000 exp each. Just make sure to kill them before they run away.

yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By yoshimitz707

Maybe you just have bad familiars? Are you still using Mite? He's not very good.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Zeik

I was still using Mite at the point and he was doing fine. I didn't replace him until after Nevermore.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#5  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Regarding that Ugly Duckling Island, you can kinda cheese the system a little bit by setting up your options to slow down the message speed, have Oliver cast a spell with a lasting status effect, and the enemies will freeze while the text is being displayed. You should be able to sneak up behind them pretty easily. It makes grinding much, much easier in that area.

dropabombonit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By dropabombonit

Okay thanks for the advice guys. I'm using the finally evolution of mite so he is resistant to water attacks so I think I just need to grind a couple of levels

gunninkr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By gunninkr

I was almost to level 50. I like to grind a lot in between areas when I play rpg's. The Grotto was way too easy at that high of a level. The boss was very easy at this point.

TohruAdachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By TohruAdachi

I was level 36,but I think I was to overleveled since everything was so weak,all you have to do is buy the armor/weapons from Yule and get the ice resistance armor and you're practically good. All you really need to clear that dungeon is the Jack-in-the-Box merit award and just sneak up on every monster,and the only monster I had a problem with was Turban Legend but even still sneaking up on them was a really good strategy,I recommend getting it before you do the dungeon,it was my last dungeon I did because I lack water-resistance monsters but after I finished the first two I finally thought to myself "Why don't I just sneak up on them!?" However after getting all three stones I recommend you get to like level 40,because the next boss is kind of hard,I had to fight it solo and spent like so many MP pots.....

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.