Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nicalis, Inc.

Company »

Nicalis, Inc. is an independent games developer and publisher, led by Tyrone Rodriguez. They most notably specialize in ports & remakes.

Project Q

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Al3xand3r

So, Nicalis are the dudes bringing Cave Story and La Mulana and Night Game to WiiWare, but they also have another game, Project Q.

It can appear on any number of digital or retail services. It looks very much like the evolution of Knytt in spirit, and with Nifflas at the helm, it's gonna be sweet. And yes, it looks very rough currently, but anyone who has played Knytt and/or Knytt Stories will be excited. Why haven't you?
    Keyser_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Keyser_Soze

That is actually quite intriguing, more so because it looks like a decent Wii game, which is rarity in and of itself.

Interesting atmosphere and music..... melancholic.

I walked in expecting the usual Wii trash, but I'm less surprised. Bugger me timbers.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Al3xand3r

First off, their other games look far more impressive since they're further in development atm, and this isn't necessarily a Wii game, if you read.

Keyser_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Keyser_Soze
    @Al3xand3r said:
    " First off, their other games look far more impressive since they're further in development atm, and this isn't necessarily a Wii game, if you read. "
    Phew, that explains why it looks decent then. I thought I was going insane there for a minute.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Al3xand3r

Not just for a minute, clearly.

Hohoho, I can do funnies too...

Keyser_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Keyser_Soze
    @Al3xand3r: Don't be a hater, Alex, be a lover like me.
    Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Steve_C

I'm into the style, though i'm not sure what'll elevate it above the games you can already play for free. Seems to be just an increase in production values.

You've also reminded me that I have all the Nifflas stuff downloaded onto my PC, but i haven't installed any of it yet. I'll have to play through them all tomorrow.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Diamond

screenshots are all well above SD resolution on IGN, so Wiiware probably isn't their main development focus.

Does look nice, but the gameplay and replay of something like Knytt are pretty bad.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Al3xand3r

Tons of Wii game screenshots are pumped to resolutions that the Wii doesn't output so that doesn't mean much.

Knytt is great. Not everything has to be replayable to be great. I guess it could be speed run friendly or something.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.