Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nier

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Apr 22, 2010

Nothing is as it seems. Nier must travel the world in search of a cure for his daughter who has been infected with the deadly "Black Scrawl" virus. How far will you go to save someone you love?

Nier and thoughts on fishing

arkadysmile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

Edited By arkadysmile

Man, I picked up "Nier" yesterday and I have to say that this one came out of left field. I was just looking for something to kill my weekend with and what I am currently playing is the first game in awhile that I haven't wanted to turn off and check something else out. The graphics are some what last gen, not completly, but they are not up to the standerds that one expects in todays games. But the combat is awesome and so far I am interested in the story. The only thing is that why do games think that I want to play a god damn fishing game. Gonna sign off and play some more...

arkadysmile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By arkadysmile

Man, I picked up "Nier" yesterday and I have to say that this one came out of left field. I was just looking for something to kill my weekend with and what I am currently playing is the first game in awhile that I haven't wanted to turn off and check something else out. The graphics are some what last gen, not completly, but they are not up to the standerds that one expects in todays games. But the combat is awesome and so far I am interested in the story. The only thing is that why do games think that I want to play a god damn fishing game. Gonna sign off and play some more...

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Venatio

Nier seems really weird...and I really wanna play it some day but I don't really have the cash for it right now

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By End_Boss

Can we have an "Ask Me Anything: Nier" thing up in this piece? I know almost nothing about that game.

Except that lady has a dong.

uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By uniform

I'm interested in this game. Before I decide whether I'd like to purchase it, I'd like to read more critical feedback. It seems like one of those obscure games that will take a while before anyone bothers to review it.

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By louiedog

Check out Justin McElroy's thoughts on fishing, and why it made him bail out of reviewing Nier.

link

Can it really be this bad? I want someone to tell me that he was screwing up, and that it's actually much easier. No one would actually put this minigame into a product that people are supposed to play and enjoy, would they?

Lautaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Lautaro
    @louiedog said:
    " Check out Justin McElroy's thoughts on fishing, and why it made him bail out of reviewing Nier.

link  Can it really be this bad? I want someone to tell me that he was screwing up, and that it's actually much easier. No one would actually put this minigame into a product that people are supposed to play and enjoy, would they? "
    People in the comments to that story are claiming he might be doing it in the wrong spot and that its way easier to do if you fish where theres a Giant X on the map or something.
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By trophyhunter

go to joystiq right now and  watch Justin's video

mrnivek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#8  Edited By mrnivek
    @louiedog: If your fishing in the right spot or the red x on the map you will catch the fish needed to keep the story going. I think I got the fish on the second try so it took me 2 minutes tops. Not something to get hung up on unless you don't pay attention to the red x you follow on your map all game long.
    Leviticus128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By Leviticus128
    @Lautaro:  Im having the same problem, i dont have a red x on the map, Ive tried at least 50 times and all ive caught is an empty can and a fucking plant, sorry but those things dont bite fishing rods, i rarely get angry at games but i feel exactly the same way as this dude, this shitty minigame has ruined a game i was otherwise enjoying, might go try another 50 times or might go and trade it in :@

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.