Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

NieR:Automata

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Feb 23, 2017

NieR: Automata is an action role-playing game developed by PlatinumGames and published by Square Enix for PlayStation 4, Microsoft Windows and Xbox One.

Different quick menu?

matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By matatat

So I've been Googling around for a bit trying to figure out an answer to this. I own both the PC and PS4 versions of Nier: Automata. I ended up buying the PS4 version after the jenk bothered me enough with the PC version, but eventually went back to playing on PC. I'd stopped playing for a month or two a week or so after launch and came back to the PC version and finished ending A about a month ago. When I came back I noticed that the quick menu had changed, it no longer took up the full screen and wouldn't stop combat while it was up. Strangely after a few sessions the PC version went back to the "old" method where the quick menu takes up the screen and pauses the game. Just yesterday I decided to boot up the PS4 version as I wanted to continue playing with that version of the game. It seems like it uses the quick menu that doesn't pause the game, but I know that it once did have that "old" menu.

What is going on here? Is there some setting or condition that I don't understand? Was the game updated to this new menu?

matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By matatat

Wow, after a couple days of looking around I managed to find an answer on the Steam forums. I guess I wasn't paying attention to the fact that sometimes I hit the select button (left on touchpad, weird squares on Xbox controller?) and this is what brings up the stop-time menu. Just pressing down on the D-pad only brings up the active menu.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

Must be an update. Started NeiR: Automata in late June, beat it in mid July and did not see this once.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.