Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

NieR:Automata

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Feb 23, 2017

NieR: Automata is an action role-playing game developed by PlatinumGames and published by Square Enix for PlayStation 4, Microsoft Windows and Xbox One.

Does the demo accurately reflect the performance of the game?

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Hayt

Hello,

I tried the Nier demo on ps4 (pro if that makes a difference) and dug it a lot. I'd heard sometimes the frames drop but it never happened in a way a noticed in the demo even though a great deal was going on.

Does the demo reflect the final game or does that have lots of bigger scenes where it chugs?

Thanks!

Also ps: do they ever "make good" (ie. Explain/subvert etc) on the main character's sort of panty flashing gothic lolita design or is it just a Japanese design in the fashion of Japanese designers? Yes or no is fine I dont need spoilers I just need to know whether I should make peace with it or hope for more.

vasta_narada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

I played on PC so I can't answer that part, but no, they never explain it in canon. Don't recall if they ever subvert it either, but probably not if I can't remember. It's not really a Japanese design trend thing so much as Yoko Taro and one of the artists being unabashed perverts.

Avatar image for militantfreudian
    militantfreudian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

According to Digital Foundry, the game's performance on the regular PS4 is more inconsistent compared to the Pro. There are slight albeit frequent frame drops in the first proper area past the prologue. And they don't really explain the outfits, although they use the blindfolds in a cheesy metaphor.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Yoko Taro answered the question about the outfits in a tweet at some point. And I'm paraphrasing here but, I think it went along the lines of "I just like girls". So you know. Not much more to that.

No idea about Ps4 performance, I beat the game on PC.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Thanks! I forgot to check digital foundary but they are more pedantic than I am anyway. I might get it if I can find it cheap before goty.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.