Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

NieR:Automata

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Feb 23, 2017

NieR: Automata is an action role-playing game developed by PlatinumGames and published by Square Enix for PlayStation 4, Microsoft Windows and Xbox One.

Encountered pretty serious bug. Anything I can do?

poobumbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

So, I'm at the start of route C when you're instructed to just go around and fight groups of robots. After beating all of the groups, I know that I'm supposed to travel to the large building where you first enter the open world, but the indicator/dialogue telling me to do so simply doesn't activate, nor does going there myself accomplish anything. The one post I've found online seems to suggest that patch 1.03 fixed the issue, but I suspect this is only if one reloads from a route B save, beats the boss and plays the beginning of C again; because, despite having the patch, all my saves exist within route C (as in, I've already been given the "fight robots, support YoRHa troops" objective) and still nothing occurs whenever I reach the aforementioned point.

I feel like I encountered a bug unknowingly and then saved in the middle of it, trapping myself. Does anyone have any ideas of how to "reset" the game state to try to reactivate the natural flow, or am I too far in? Because I'm starting to consider the possibility that all 45 hours I've spent on this game is going down the drain.

I mean, I love this game and I have experience with playing pretty much the same game over again as I've beaten the first Nier (hey-o!), so it's not like I won't play through the whole game again if I have to - the machine core grinding trick and chapter select later will help muchly with getting all main endings - but would much prefer a simpler solution.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.