Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

NieR:Automata

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Feb 23, 2017

NieR: Automata is an action role-playing game developed by PlatinumGames and published by Square Enix for PlayStation 4, Microsoft Windows and Xbox One.

How much of a spoiler is this?

Solxius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So, I just watched Zero Punctuation's review on Nier Automata, and has seen that the humans have a high chance of already being dead on the moon and that 9S would die... in tthe third playthrough?

That's what I got from it. I stopped viewing halfway through. Is this even true or... is it that big of a spoiler? Thank you!

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Zeik

If you played the first Nier you would already know humanity is extinct. You just lose out on the mystery of whether something weird happened to bring them back. (Nope as it turns out.)

It's a big plot point, but more for the characters than the player. Don't worry, there are way way crazier revelations in store.

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheBlue

Humanity's fate is fairly easy to guess early on in Automata so no, that's not that big a spoiler. If you were planning on playing it and think that you've ruined the story for yourself by learning those things, you most certainly did not.

benderunit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

As Yahtzee puts it in his video, the game is not about that, so regardless if it's true or not, it should not hinder your enjoyment of the game. Automata is much less about the actual events and more about the philosophical meanings behind them.

vasta_narada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Neither of those things is a spoiler by the time you get to them. Humanity's fate and 9S' fate are basically low-balled to you way before they actually show you.

Solxius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh okay! Thanks for the answers! I wanted to buy the game and was afraid that this would spoil the experience! I'll buy it and play it then! Thanks again!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.