Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

NieR:Automata

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Feb 23, 2017

NieR: Automata is an action role-playing game developed by PlatinumGames and published by Square Enix for PlayStation 4, Microsoft Windows and Xbox One.

Nier Automata launching on Xbox One June 26th

kadaju86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Seems Square-Enix just announced that this is coming to the Xbox One as a downloadable only Become as Gods edition.

Nier: Automata comes out on Xbox One on 26th June 2018, Square Enix has announced.

Yoko Taro and Platinum's eccentric action RPG launches on Microsoft's console as the $49.99 Become As Gods edition, which is download only. It includes the base game, the 3C3C1D119440927 expansion DLC, the Grimoire Weiss Pod, Retro Red Pod skin, Retro Grey Pod skin, Cardboard Pod skin and the Machine Lifeform Mask accessory.

I absolutely love the game myself, so will be buying it for a third time on Xbox just to show the crazy genius of Yoko Taro some more love!

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@kadaju86: Wait, you mean Automata wasn't on Xbox before? Huh I thought it launched on all platforms, personally I played it on PC, but this is news to me. Weird. Cool for Xbox owners.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sad robots for everyone, rejoice!

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@humanity said:

@kadaju86: Wait, you mean Automata wasn't on Xbox before? Huh I thought it launched on all platforms, personally I played it on PC, but this is news to me. Weird. Cool for Xbox owners.

I also would have told you this game launched on everything before seeing this thread.

Will we get a similar "all DLC" type edition for PC? Because I might buy this game one day and I'd rather buy a version with all DLC.

kadaju86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity@justin258: Nope, launched simultaneously on PS4 and PC so this is the first showing of Automata on the Xbox. Personally hoping for the first Nier to become backwards compatible on the One as well with this announcement, but will definitely be getting Automata again.

And I assume Square-Enix will announce more details about the same version being released on PS4 and PC at their conference.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justin258: I don't think you'll be missing much without the DLC. In order to get the full story you'll get your fair share of that game.

Unless you're really nuts about extra outfits.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kadaju86: Wasn't the Steam version a few weeks out?

So this very briefly was a PS4 only game which I guess I also didn't know.

kadaju86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@efesell: I feel like it was the same date, but now that you mention it it might have been a week or two later. In any case it was near-simultaneous compared to what the Xbox version has turned out to be

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

That's cool. I wonder if this means they'll add the original to BC. I would still like to play that.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By mrcraggle

I'd be curious how this performs. I have a i7 4770K and GTX 770 and I can't play the game on my PC at 60fps no matter what settings I use. It's not like it's an amazing looking game either.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great, another chance for me to buy it, start it with the highest of hopes, and fall off of it again.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

@justin258: I don't think you'll be missing much without the DLC. In order to get the full story you'll get your fair share of that game.

Is there an outfit that covers up 2B's underwear? Part of the reason I haven't played the game yet is because I don't need a panty shot every time I turn around quickly. Somebody out there is outraged or baffled about this and thinks it's kinda petty, and it probably is, but it's still something I'd like to avoid if possible.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

Is there an outfit that covers up 2B's underwear? Part of the reason I haven't played the game yet is because I don't need a panty shot every time I turn around quickly. Somebody out there is outraged or baffled about this and thinks it's kinda petty, and it probably is, but it's still something I'd like to avoid if possible.

Noting that would give her more clothing, no. At least not without already clearing the game.

It's just a leotard anyway, don't worry about it.

vortextk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@justin258: There's some other stuff here and there though obviously controlling 2b means 2b is in view a lot, but honestly...maybe it's just not the game for you?

To anyone that hasn't already played it, enjoy the hell out of it.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Good to see that now Xbox people get to play one of the best games last year.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justin258: I don't mean this in a rude or condescending way, but if that is your biggest problem thats stopping you from playing the game, then you probably shouldn't play this game.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By LiquidPrince

@justin258: That is a pretty ridiculous reason and it was the same nonsense that Abby brought up in the game of the year talks that got her a lot of flak. Why? Because it's simply untrue. While she's wearing her skirt, there is almost no way to see her panties, I know this because there is a trophy to "try" and have her push you away.

You can blow off her skirt in a self destruct attack if you wish but it is never mandatory and she gets it back after every fast travel. As for while you're fighting, if you can see her panties in that hectic fighting then I really don't know what to say...

The game can be as pervy as you want it to be, but it's never forced by the game. For the record you can do the same things to the Male protagonist as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-633c70ff026e8
    deactivated-633c70ff026e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a great game and it's one of the best that came out last year, but it was so poorly optimized for PC. I'm interested in seeing how good the X enhancements are and how it compares to the other two versions.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@liquidprince: Well okay let's not get too carried away the game is pretty packed with upskirt moments the trophy is just there to catch people perving out.

Like I also don't think it's that big of a deal but it's a bit much to act like it never happens.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@efesell: As a person who platinumed the game legitimatley and played it for an ungodly amount of time, I don't recall any overt pervy-ness outside of the main character being in a maid dress... if you count that as pervy. The game has the ability to make it as pervy as you want, but it never forces it on you.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@liquidprince: Do you think you are just perhaps a little used to things that are in fact kind of weird?

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By LiquidPrince

@efesell: 100%. As a person who loves anime I'm pretty used to weird stuff. I'll even admit to liking slice of life/ecchi anime, so I've seen my fair share of pervy anime shit. I'm not hiding that aspect of what I like. But that's also why I think the the stuff for Nier is ridiculously overblown. Like I've said, it's there to some extent if you want it, but it's never really forced on you.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Justin258

@humanity said:

@justin258: I don't mean this in a rude or condescending way, but if that is your biggest problem thats stopping you from playing the game, then you probably shouldn't play this game.

It's not my biggest problem. My biggest problem is that I'm already bad at finishing games and this one asks you to finish it several times in a row. I know, I know, it's different every time and to quite a degree, but on some level it's still asking you to go through a lot of the same stuff several times. This doesn't mean I won't play it, it's in my Steam wishlist and I'll probably wind up getting it when it's on a sale. I don't want to spend $60 on another game that I play for a few hours and then abandon because I have no discipline. EDIT: Didn't check price, it's probably not $60 anymore.

@liquidprince said:

@justin258: That is a pretty ridiculous reason and it was the same nonsense that Abby brought up in the game of the year talks that got her a lot of flak. Why? Because it's simply untrue. While she's wearing her skirt, there is almost no way to see her panties, I know this because there is a trophy to "try" and have her push you away.

You can blow off her skirt in a self destruct attack if you wish but it is never mandatory and she gets it back after every fast travel. As for while you're fighting, if you can see her panties in that hectic fighting then I really don't know what to say...

The game can be as pervy as you want it to be, but it's never forced by the game. For the record you can do the same things to the Male protagonist as well.

I'll quote myself

Somebody out there is outraged or baffled about this and thinks it's kinda petty, and it probably is,

I'll go watch the Quick Look or some other videos of the game again, but I'm pretty sure I remember her panties flashing rather often. Like, every time you turn around quickly.

For the record, if I were talking about this game in any sort of professional capacity, I would at best note the panties thing and then move on with bigger and more interesting talking points. This is a personal preference thing - I'm not offended by it, and I recognize that this really is something that other people enjoy, I just would rather avoid it. I've seen a fair bit of anime in my time, too, and I'm always a little disappointed when a show decides to be a little pervy. I'm also aware that Nier Automata is incredibly mild in this regard. Still not up for having panties flashed at me.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Justin258

@efesell said:
    @justin258 said:
    @humanity said:

Noting that would give her more clothing, no. At least not without already clearing the game.

It's just a leotard anyway, don't worry about it.

Oh well.

Thank you for answering.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By FacelessVixen

So, since a port has been in the works for a while... patch for PC for the option to turn down global illumination and fix the frame pacing for cut scenes?

No Caption Provided

...I shouldn't be holding my breath on that, huh?

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

Seems like a good thing to do before announcing a remaster of the original tomorrow? Maybe?

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems like a good thing to do before announcing a remaster of the original tomorrow? Maybe?

Get a Replicant/Gestalt dual remaster up in here.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@efesell said:
    @wemibelle said:

Get a Replicant/Gestalt dual remaster up in here.

I'd be very surprised if a remaster did not include both. It wouldn't be hard.

Unless they really want to be cheap about it and refuse to dub Replicant.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik: The novelty of playing the different version is kind of the only reason I would interested, I think.

vortextk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see any way of square enix dubbing the other version for the west. If they keep it subbed only maybe but I just don't see it. Is this a rumor we're hearing about? I honestly don't see it happening overall for the original let alone the japanese version; will find out soon though huh?

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

vortextk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because I don't believe they'd take the time to do the other male protagonist part to release that game.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Zeik

@vortextk said:

Because I don't believe they'd take the time to do the other male protagonist part to release that game.

If they're going through the trouble of releasing a remaster then that's not a huge extra leap. Especially when it would be brand new to the west, giving people extra incentive to pick it up.

I'm not saying it absolutely would happen. There is a part of me that believes the possibility that they would cheap out that badly and cut Replicant from the west again, but I also think you're writing it off completely way too quickly. It's not that improbable. Especially after the series new popularity and notoriety.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.