I started into my second playthrough and realized that I've been basically using the same setup the entire game: The default sword(s), the default pod (Gatling gun and laser), and mostly support chips.
The chips I've stuck with as soon as I've gotten them:
- Deadly heal (heal XX% when an enemy dies)
- Auto-use item (uses a health item automatically when health gets below a certain point)
- Offensive heal (heal X% of damage dealt when attacking)
- Anti-chain damage (grants a short time of invincibility after being hit)
- Drop rate up (enemies more likely to drop items)
It SEEMS to be working alright for me, but should I be branching out and trying a lot of other weird weapon/pod setups? My default swords have all gotten upgrades faster than the other weapons I have and none of the other pods (missiles) or pod weapons (spinning blade has its uses but hammer seems worthless) that I've tried seem all that great compared to the basic Gatling and laser.