Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ninja Gaiden 3

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Mar 20, 2012

Ninja Gaiden 3 is the first main entry in the modern Ninja Gaiden series not to be directed by former Team Ninja head Tomonobu Itagaki. NG3 features new game mechanics, a focus on consequence and 8-player online modes.

Ninja Gaiden 3 Officially On The Way From Team Ninja

• 67 results
    nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By nail1080

Oh yes!!! I thought my favourite series of all time was dead, but it's coming back! Yessssss!!! FUCK YEAH!! Master Ninja 3 here I come!

Curufinwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By Curufinwe

Ninja Gaiden 3 would be much better if a Western developer with a spotty track record was making it and Ryu Hayubusa was being turned into a ugly looking Twilight wannabe.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#53  Edited By beargirl1
    @Xearo said:
    " While i like NG i would rather have a new DoA "
    we are getting a new DoA! not a DOA5, but it's good enough!
    Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#54  Edited By Brendan
    @Curufinwe said:
    "Ninja Gaiden 3 would be much better if a Western developer with a spotty track record was making it and Ryu Hayubusa was being turned into a ugly looking Twilight wannabe. "

*Drops from ceiling, snaps neck, makes silent getaway*
    audiosnag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By audiosnag

Yaaaaa!
    Even though Itagaki's gone im still stoked for this

majormitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 119

User Lists: 31

#56  Edited By majormitch

sweet

sterbacblu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By sterbacblu

I'll wait for the Black / Sigma version...maybe.

BionicRadd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By BionicRadd

Have they learned how to build a camera system yet?  Staring at the exterior wall of the building you are fighting inside of is NOT FUN.  Honestly, I don't understand how people can just write off NG's horrid cameras as a minor annoyance.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#59  Edited By Hailinel
    @ryanwho said:
    " I hate to say it, but really all the Sigma games highlighted was oatmealface is a super key element into the series working and that a lot of Team Ninja people don't seem to "get it" if Sigma 2 is any indication of the direction this game will be headed. Other M stinking it up doesn't exactly restore faith in them either. "
    So...polishing the busted aspects and adding more content onto the existing package somehow made the game worse than the original version of Ninja Gaiden II?

What.
    Curufinwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Curufinwe

Team Ninja did a great job with Sigma 2 considering the memory constraints of the PS3, and since NG 3 is going to be designed from the start with both platforms in mind I'm confident it will be an even better action game.

is343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#61  Edited By is343

Is it gonna take a year to get a sigma version of this out too?

Bouke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#62  Edited By Bouke

Yeah, i bought Ninja Gaiden 2.... that was a mistake i''m not going to make again!

Cloudleet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#63  Edited By Cloudleet

Nice! Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2 are way up on my list, next to Jedi Knight 2 and Arkham Asylum (do not confuse this with my FAVORITE games, they are good games, but Sonic The Hedgehog 2 is still my favorite game). I've secretly been praying for some more Ninja Gaiden. I wonder if they'll put even more crazy weapons in this time!

Blue5hift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#64  Edited By Blue5hift

Can't wait. That series is so fun and challenging. Hopefully the standards will be upheld.

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By VanderSEXXX
    @Shayera said:

" Without Itagaki I don't know.  They won't risk too many changes, so they'll probably copy/paste NG2, give it a little polish, new stages and call it a day. "

I share the same sentiment.  

While I  played the hell out of Sigma 2 (couldn't play Ninja Gaiden 2 cause I don't own a 360), I kinda felt the game was toned down after beating Master Ninja Level since it relied way too much on certain moves with invincible frames that kinda removed the unique balanced difficulty that I experienced with Ninja Gaiden: Black. I just hope they put back the formula that Itagaki used during his time of development which is what made the Ninja Gaiden series such a great action title. 

Though the new Team Ninja director says that  "Ninja Gaiden 3 is a numbered title. We're developing it with the idea of restarting at the beginning, saying 'We'd like to make an action game that's most interesting for the current era.' With this meaning, it's going to be a game that's not bound by the past more than necessary. Of course, we will be valuing the past, but, in a good meaning, we'd like to make it into a game that's not tied down by the past."  

I don't know if it will be a day 1 purchase based on my experience with Sigma & Sigma 2. Though I enjoyed both of those games, its just not the same as the thrilling experience of Ninja Gaiden: Black in the original Xbox. 
    Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#66  Edited By Deusoma

Hopefully with Itagaki gone, the girls will have more reasonably-sized chests and wear less ridiculous outfits. It'd be nice if one of these games turned out not to be embarrassing and borderline misogynistic for once.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#67  Edited By Dany

I always assumed that the Sigma games wree vastly better than the xbox versions.

I mean I loved Itigaki and his games, DOA and NG but with him gone It will be nice t osee a neew breath of fresh air for this game

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.