Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Sep 29, 2009

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 is a PS3-exclusive enhanced port of Ninja Gaiden II, which was released for the Xbox 360 in 2008. It is the sequel to the first Ninja Gaiden Sigma, which too was an enhanced version of the original Ninja Gaiden for Xbox.

Ninja Gaiden SIGMA 2 DEMO impressions

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

Edited By bed

'ello GB community. I just came back from playing the Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 on my PS3. after playing through two levels, i just had to come up and tell somebody. first off, let me sum up what i thought of this demo in 3 words. 

ABSOLUTE FUCKING BLAST  

yup, that's it. the demo was fucking awesome. now excuse if i'm over reacting because I haven't played the second Ninja Gaiden on the x360 and i'm only on Chapter 7 in Sigma 1, but it was so much fun. I was jumping and yelling obscenities while fucking up a bunch of ninja dudes. i only start jumping and yelling when i play something really awesome.  

it started off with some chick in a bar getting taken away by all these ninja dudes, then Ryu Hayabusa (i think that's how you spell it) comes out of nowhere and fucks up a bunch of dudes, which is where i take control. holy hell the graphics are pretty damn awesome. the water looks sexy and the game is pleasing to the eye. i happen to be in some japanese metropolis fighting dudes on a bunch of rooftops. the controls were super responsive which is needed in a game like Ninja Gaiden. i'm currently playing through the first Sigma on PS3 so i was fucking everyone up and never died (yay me :D). i was slashing dudes up for about 10 mins and going through the little tutorial they have, then i meet my first boss. a fucking huge ass statue dude that's destorying a bunch of buildings.  

holy shit, at this point i was impressed x2 cause this is some crazy God of War shit they have going on. the boss was easy (ofc) and after jumping on his face and slashing him up. it was all over.  

at this point, i thought i had the most fun i've ever had in a demo in so long.   

oh? what's this? i unlocked AYANE?!   

fer' anyone that doesn't know, Ayane is the girl in my pic. i loved her in the DOA series but i didn't know she was in the demo.. sweet. let's try this out.

<------ lolwut fucked up pic (bug? o_o) 

one thing that i liked about Ayane, is that she was super fast and had awesome moves. that's no different in Sigma 2.  i had twice as much fun playing as Ayane as i did Ryu, she was super fast and her moves were really really fun to watch. it was exicting. there's nothing that i can say about Ayane's level that i didn't say about Ryu's levels. it was alot of fun.  

after beating Ayane's level, i unlocked "TEAM MISSIONS". i didn't try that yet cause i came up here to write this. there's only one complaint i had about the demo. the BLOOD. as many of you might (or might not) know, Ninja Gaiden 2 was gory as all f*cking hell. Sigma 2, is not. the gore has been toned down ALOT and most of the gore has been replaced with purple mist. i could deal with this, but it'll be hard to get used to since seeing all the moves these guys do, must of had alot of fucking gore in Ninja Gaiden II. maybe i'll pick it up when i get my 360  

please, download this demo. NOW. 

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By bed

'ello GB community. I just came back from playing the Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 on my PS3. after playing through two levels, i just had to come up and tell somebody. first off, let me sum up what i thought of this demo in 3 words. 

ABSOLUTE FUCKING BLAST  

yup, that's it. the demo was fucking awesome. now excuse if i'm over reacting because I haven't played the second Ninja Gaiden on the x360 and i'm only on Chapter 7 in Sigma 1, but it was so much fun. I was jumping and yelling obscenities while fucking up a bunch of ninja dudes. i only start jumping and yelling when i play something really awesome.  

it started off with some chick in a bar getting taken away by all these ninja dudes, then Ryu Hayabusa (i think that's how you spell it) comes out of nowhere and fucks up a bunch of dudes, which is where i take control. holy hell the graphics are pretty damn awesome. the water looks sexy and the game is pleasing to the eye. i happen to be in some japanese metropolis fighting dudes on a bunch of rooftops. the controls were super responsive which is needed in a game like Ninja Gaiden. i'm currently playing through the first Sigma on PS3 so i was fucking everyone up and never died (yay me :D). i was slashing dudes up for about 10 mins and going through the little tutorial they have, then i meet my first boss. a fucking huge ass statue dude that's destorying a bunch of buildings.  

holy shit, at this point i was impressed x2 cause this is some crazy God of War shit they have going on. the boss was easy (ofc) and after jumping on his face and slashing him up. it was all over.  

at this point, i thought i had the most fun i've ever had in a demo in so long.   

oh? what's this? i unlocked AYANE?!   

fer' anyone that doesn't know, Ayane is the girl in my pic. i loved her in the DOA series but i didn't know she was in the demo.. sweet. let's try this out.

<------ lolwut fucked up pic (bug? o_o) 

one thing that i liked about Ayane, is that she was super fast and had awesome moves. that's no different in Sigma 2.  i had twice as much fun playing as Ayane as i did Ryu, she was super fast and her moves were really really fun to watch. it was exicting. there's nothing that i can say about Ayane's level that i didn't say about Ryu's levels. it was alot of fun.  

after beating Ayane's level, i unlocked "TEAM MISSIONS". i didn't try that yet cause i came up here to write this. there's only one complaint i had about the demo. the BLOOD. as many of you might (or might not) know, Ninja Gaiden 2 was gory as all f*cking hell. Sigma 2, is not. the gore has been toned down ALOT and most of the gore has been replaced with purple mist. i could deal with this, but it'll be hard to get used to since seeing all the moves these guys do, must of had alot of fucking gore in Ninja Gaiden II. maybe i'll pick it up when i get my 360  

please, download this demo. NOW. 

Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
    SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Pretty weak that they toned down the gore. Maybe they're going for a Teen rating? Don't see how they would get it, I mean there are enemies in the game that attack by throwing the bodies of their fallen comrades at you for crying out loud...

calidan777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By calidan777

Just found out about the demo being up so I'm about to go download it, can't wait to play it. I beat NG II on 360 and loved it so I imagine this one will be that much better. You really need to finish Sigma 1, that game is amazing.

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By bed
    @SuperfluousMoniker said:
    " Pretty weak that they toned down the gore. Maybe they're going for a Teen rating? Don't see how they would get it, I mean there are enemies in the game that attack by throwing the bodies of their fallen comrades at you for crying out loud... "
    it's still rated M. they said that they wanted to tone down the gore because they wanted to focus more on the story or some shit like that. that's just a bad reason to tone down gore because the story itself sucks 
    Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
    SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Yeah, I was just googling and I saw that quote from the director. What a non reason... Disappointing.

bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By bubahula
    @AjayRaz said:
    " @SuperfluousMoniker said:
    " Pretty weak that they toned down the gore. Maybe they're going for a Teen rating? Don't see how they would get it, I mean there are enemies in the game that attack by throwing the bodies of their fallen comrades at you for crying out loud... "
    it's still rated M. they said that they wanted to tone down the gore because they wanted to focus more on the story or some shit like that. that's just a bad reason to tone down gore because the story itself sucks  "

thats sucks the gore is awesome. it makes the sword acually feel liek a sword, and there were certain moves on some guys that would cut off their heads easier, so it actually had gameplay value
    bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By bed
    @calidan777 said:
     You really need to finish Sigma 1, that game is amazing. "
    i'm on chapter 7 or 8 right now and it's really fucking hard. i'm loving it but it makes me want to throw my controller everytime. i'm fighting some huge dinosaur bone thing and it's pretty hard. it's so satisfying though. i can't wait to finish it so i can play NGS II 
    calidan777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By calidan777
    @AjayRaz said:
    " @calidan777 said:
    i'm on chapter 7 or 8 right now and it's really fucking hard. i'm loving it but it makes me want to throw my controller everytime. i'm fighting some huge dinosaur bone thing and it's pretty hard. it's so satisfying though. i can't wait to finish it so i can play NGS II  "
    Yeah that boss can be a bit tricky, as for the difficulty, just be glad you aren't playing it on xbox. I beat Ninja Gaiden 1 and Black (yeah I'm pretty hardcore on my NG) on the original Xbox and those games were ferocious. NG II on 360 was pretty hard, but not too bad, I think I beat it on "Warrior" my first play through, which was the highest starting difficulty. I really enjoyed the things that were added in Sigma 1 like the new weapons (dual Katanas, etc) and the Rachel missions, that's why I'm so hyped for Sigma 2, they seem to have gone all out on this one.
    bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By bed
    @calidan777 said:
    " @AjayRaz said:
    " @calidan777 said:
    i'm on chapter 7 or 8 right now and it's really fucking hard. i'm loving it but it makes me want to throw my controller everytime. i'm fighting some huge dinosaur bone thing and it's pretty hard. it's so satisfying though. i can't wait to finish it so i can play NGS II  "
     I'm so hyped for Sigma 2 "
    i have never played NG II (i really want to, the gore.. *drool*) so i'm kinda dissapointed that there's no gore in Sigma II, but i'm really exicted to play as Ayane. she was so fun to play as in the demo..her part was too short. i would get it on Day 1 but i have to get some money D: dude if you get that game we have to play the co op! 
    calidan777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By calidan777
    @AjayRaz said:
    " @calidan777 said:
    " @AjayRaz said:
    " @calidan777 said:
     I'm so hyped for Sigma 2 "
     dude if you get that game we have to play the co op!  "
    For sure , my PSN is calidan777, send me a friend request on PSN and we can play some games.
    NinjaHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By NinjaHunter
    @SuperfluousMoniker said:
    " Yeah, I was just googling and I saw that quote from the director. What a non reason... Disappointing. "
    I think that the real reason they toned down the gore is just to send a big middle finger to Itagaki because his vision of the game was to be the goriest thing ever.
    bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By bed
    @NinjaHunter said:
    " @SuperfluousMoniker said:
    " Yeah, I was just googling and I saw that quote from the director. What a non reason... Disappointing. "
    I think that the real reason they toned down the gore is just to send a big middle finger to Itagaki because his vision of the game was to be the goriest thing ever. "
    that's...possible, it would make more sense than toning down the gore for the "story"
    gazel_ministry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By gazel_ministry

To be honest I never really cared about the decision to use less gore in the game, but I gotta admit after playing that demo I think gore would have been the better option. Seeing that purple shit spewing out of them was just silly. I'm picking up an xbox soon anyway. I'll just play it then.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By LiquidPrince

Ayane is fucking beast in this game.

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By bed
    @LiquidPrince said:
    " Ayane is fucking beast in this game. "
    yeah.. she's a tank in this game :D  

@Gazel_Ministry said:
    "  To be honest I never really cared about the decision to use less gore in the game, but I gotta admit after playing that demo I think gore would have been the better option. Seeing that purple shit spewing out of them was just silly. I'm picking up an xbox soon anyway. I'll just play it then. "
    it was the same with me. i didn't care till i played the demo. it's annoying to see all of those moves- that would normally shoot gallons of blood everywhere, just shoot nothing but purple stuff.. lame. 
    TheGodPoet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TheGodPoet

I loved the demo just like I loved Sigma 1. Here's what happened when I played the demo.... 

"Oh, that's Racheal.............she gets kidnapped. OMG! Hey that guy just died. Where's Ryu? Alright I'm in control now. HOLY FUCKING SHIT I have 4 weapons I can use and they're all awesome. DIE YOU FUCKERS DIE! Gore is kind of toned down. Why do these talon weapons I'm using have loads of blood on them and the gore is toned down?" 

A save point later 

"The save points heal you once now. Cool."  

You get it now. So then I unlock Ayane. 

In short she's awesome and fun to use.

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By bed
    @Sincillian said:
    " I loved the demo just like I loved Sigma 1. Here's what happened when I played the demo....  "Oh, that's Racheal.............she gets kidnapped. OMG! Hey that guy just died. Where's Ryu? Alright I'm in control now. HOLY FUCKING SHIT I have 4 weapons I can use and they're all awesome. DIE YOU FUCKERS DIE! Gore is kind of toned down. Why do these talon weapons I'm using have loads of blood on them and the gore is toned down?"  A save point later  "The save points heal you once now. Cool."   You get it now. So then I unlock Ayane.  In short she's awesome and fun to use. "
    hahah.. that's exactly what i thought when i played it XD 
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By LiquidPrince

It makes sense that they have less blood though. You're fighting Fiend Ninjas not humans.

Gunrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By Gunrock

Maybe the gore is only toned down in the demo?

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By bed
    @Gunrock said:
    " Maybe the gore is only toned down in the demo? "
    'fraid not, Team Ninja stated themselves that they toned down the gore in the full game because they didn't people to focus on the gore alone. 
    nrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By nrain

All I can say is that six axis boob jiggle is win.
    bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By bed
    @nrain said:
    " All I can say is that six axis boob jiggle is win. "
    yeah, i tried it in the demo  
    it's pretty funny XD  

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.