Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo 3DS eShop

Platform »

The products that make up the various segments of Nintendo's 3DS eShop include new releases, updated version of old games, and emulated versions of old games.

3ds carts to eshop?

Meteor_VII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Meteor_VII

I am curious if anyone knows how quickly Nintendo is getting their 3ds games on to the eshop. Is it day one or does it take months? 

I am curious because the 3ds xl at bestbuy is down to 170 and thinking of getting it for fire emblem but way more interested in the system if I can just have all the games I want to play on the memory card instead of switching carts.

Thoseposers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Thoseposers

Day 1 as far as i know

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Bollard

On a related note, if I already have a bunch of e-shop games on my 2GB card that came with my 3DS, and I wanted to get a larger one so I can download some full retail games later in the year, can I just copy everything else I own across onto the new card?

Meteor_VII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Meteor_VII
    @Chavtheworld said:

On a related note, if I already have a bunch of e-shop games on my 2GB card that came with my 3DS, and I wanted to get a larger one so I can download some full retail games later in the year, can I just copy everything else I own across onto the new card?

I had already looked that up. If you are just swapping out the cards for the same 3ds then you can just put the card in your computer copy the files to a folder and copy them onto the new card and put that card into your 3ds.  

Please someone correct me if I am wrong.
    Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Bollard

@Meteor_VII: If that's true I will be pleased.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By Snail

@Meteor_VII said:

@Chavtheworld said:

I had already looked that up. If you are just swapping out the cards for the same 3ds then you can just put the card in your computer copy the files to a folder and copy them onto the new card and put that card into your 3ds. Please someone correct me if I am wrong.

That sounds like a really exploitable method. Wouldn't he just be able to give the old card with the games in it to someone else, essentially duplicating the games and allowing someone to acquire and play these games for free? Or is there an under-the-hood authentication process with eShop games?

Meteor_VII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Meteor_VII
    @Snail said:

@Meteor_VII said:

@Chavtheworld said:

I had already looked that up. If you are just swapping out the cards for the same 3ds then you can just put the card in your computer copy the files to a folder and copy them onto the new card and put that card into your 3ds. Please someone correct me if I am wrong.

That sounds like a really exploitable method. Wouldn't he just be able to give the old card with the games in it to someone else, essentially duplicating the games and allowing someone to acquire and play these games for free? Or is there an under-the-hood authentication process with eShop games?

Was only referring to what I read on the internet somewhere while learning a bit about 3ds' while thinking of buying one. Said I could be wrong.
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By Snail

@Meteor_VII: I'm just curious if this is actually the case now. Do you know where you read/heard this?

Meteor_VII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Meteor_VII

http://au.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20111013145112AAmOXem 

No the first place I saw this but just googled and found it.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By toowalrus

Indeed, the big releases have been day 1 so far.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Bollard

@Meteor_VII said:

@Snail said:

@Meteor_VII said:

@Chavtheworld said:

Was only referring to what I read on the internet somewhere while learning a bit about 3ds' while thinking of buying one. Said I could be wrong.

As far as I'm aware, your E-Shop account is linked to the phsyical 3DS. I would assume if you put a different card in with the same data as the old card it would work fine in the same 3DS, because that's where your account is.

Obviously taking the card to another 3DS would be impossible because the account wouldn't be there.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By strainedeyes

It's not always Day 1. I think Scribblenauts took a week or two.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.