Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo 3DS eShop

Platform »

The products that make up the various segments of Nintendo's 3DS eShop include new releases, updated version of old games, and emulated versions of old games.

The Nintendo eShop

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Hizang

The Nintendo eShop is now up and ready for all 3DS users to enter, so all go out there are start buying games! (I'm thining of starting a table and updating it with Nintendo's hot new releases, may not if proves to hard)

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Hizang

At launch the games are  
    Super Mario Land  
    Tennis 
    Alleyway 
    Excitebikes - 3D Classics (Free for a limited time.) 
    Whole bunch of those DSi games, all bangers. 

Also avaiable is the Pokedex 3D.
    wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By wrighteous86

There aren't a whole lot of original Game Boy games that I want. Super Mario Land and 6 Golden Coins, and Metroid II, that's it.. The rest are GBC or GBA games. Don't care about non-Nintendo handhelds. I'm happy I'll be able to get those games, though, once I get a 3DS.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Hizang

myNotebook still on the 3DS Dsiware store...What.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By GunslingerPanda

Just loaded it up, downloading Pokedex 3D. The store interface is ridiculously charming. I kinda want to hug my 3DS.

Anyone know if SML is in 3D or no?

E: The little box fills up as it's downloading! So cute!

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By buft

no pre pay cards in the uk until later this month, im so fucked off right now since i only have a debit card

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Horrible lack of content, are they trying to continue the tradition of the 3DS having no games? The 3D Pokedex is quite nice, but I had the same thing on my Android before Nintendo ordered all of those apps removed.. and Excitebike 3D is a nice little freebie.

But come on, stop staggering the releases. Where are the Zelda's, Metroids, Mario's, etc?

Avatar image for rhombus_of_terror
    Rhombus_Of_Terror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Rhombus_Of_Terror

what, no clocks?

LiquidElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By LiquidElite

it certainly looks nice, lets see if they can rev up some badass content for it before the end of the year!

Elazul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Elazul
    @buft said:

no pre pay cards in the uk until later this month, im so fucked off right now since i only have a debit card

You can use a debit card to buy points. I literally just did it.

Just out of interest, anyone know how long I have to play a game before I can review it? I swear Jeff said 20 minutes, but I still can't review Link's Awakening after playing it for over 45.
    bibamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#11  Edited By bibamatt

@Elazul: I'm pretty sure I read that it was an hour.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12  Edited By buft
    @Elazul said:

@buft said:

You can use a debit card buy points. I literally just did it.  Just out of interest, anyone know how long I have to play a game before I can review it? I swear Jeff said 20 minutes, but I still can't review Link's Awakening after playing it for over 45.
    its 1 hour and i still cant find any pre pay credit cards in stores, my maestro card isnt accepted either.
    bibamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#13  Edited By bibamatt

I'm liking the eshop so far... I got Excitebike, the Pokedex, Link's Awakening and Tetris Party Live. Got a few errors when trying to download the two thing's that I actually paid for, but hopefully that'll get ironed out. I like the Ocarina and DOA trailers that I could watch in 3D, but disappointed that the game screenshots (like Steel Diver for example) are only shown in 2D. Baaaaah.

Elazul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By Elazul
    @bibamatt: @buft: Thanks guys. No idea why I thought it was twenty minutes. That really sucks about the card situation, by the way. If Nintendo are only going to accept Visa and Mastercard they really should've made those points cards easier to get hold of ahead of time.
    Julmust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By Julmust

I don't get, well I get it but I don't know why they're doing it, WHY they're making you transfer a set amount of money to your wallet. That's bullshit.

That's why I like the PSN Store the best, because you can pay for what you buy.

ApolloBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By ApolloBob

I've already posted this elsewhere, but be aware that the game Looksley's Line Up will have the gameplay perspective affected by the different camera placement on the 3DS compared to the DSi.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Hizang

Try holding the start + select buttons while booting up Super Mario Land....

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By wrighteous86

I didn't realize they already announced GBC games. I hope they don't take forever in announcing that they'll have GBA games eventually too. I want to get rid of all these damn cardboard boxes.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Hizang

Also try holding the Star + Select buttons while booting up The Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening, it even comes up with the purple one!

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#20  Edited By Contro
    @Hizang said:
    At launch the games are  Super Mario Land  Tennis Alleyway Excitebikes - 3D Classics (Free for a limited time.) Whole bunch of those DSi games, all bangers.  Also avaiable is the Pokedex 3D.   

It helps to have some idea of what your talking about before making such claims.   

Anyone who claims IGF winners or nominees are "bangers", is someone who clearly knows fuck all about videogames. Secondly, Shantae: Riskys Revenge is included with those groups of games, it's widely regarded as being the best download product on the service to date, even better than Nintendo's own offerings.  

The fact is: there are around 8 games of very high quality in that section currently, I know because I own them. 

OT:

Bought Links Awakening and SML, despite having them both on cart already. Nintendo added 200 Stars to may account and gave me and extra 100 for 2 questionaries (click"My Account")

Darth Paul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#21  Edited By Darth Paul

I don't understand all the hate for not having point cards anymore. I hate the point card system, since I have to use my debit card anyway to buy the damn point cards in the first place. This takes out a step and is a much better system. Now, if they'll get rid of the points on the Wii as well, then I might actually buy some VC games.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#22  Edited By LordAndrew

I bought all of the downloadable 3DS stuff. But since the only two non-Virtual Console games are free, I guess you could say I bought all the Virtual console games...

Radar Mission was overwhelming right from the start; I guess I'll have to read the manual someday. Mario Land is still exactly as I remeber it; I spent about half an hour today beating it. Alleyway is... like Arkanoid... without power-ups... or any real hook... but whatever; I bought it so I'll keep playing it anyway.

I also grabbed some DSiWare stuff. Cave Story, Dr. Mario Express, and three Game & Watch titles. I still want to get Shantae, but I'm waiting to see what comes next Thursday since I'll need to buy another $20 to make the purchase.

Yeah, I'm buying the games with my credit card, but I'm still not buying them individually. I'm buying money... or "points".

rustyspoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By rustyspoon

@LordAndrew: Wait, so if you use your credit card, you still have to load money in just like if you were buying points cards? I've only been using points cards, after the whole Sony debacle I'm a bit more weary about who I trust that information with.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.