Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo 3DS

Platform »

The Nintendo 3DS is a portable game console produced by Nintendo. The handheld features stereoscopic 3D technology that doesn't require glasses. It was released in Japan on February 26, 2011 and in North America on March 27, 2011.

3DS (non 2DS) inventory question

justinrwalsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Is Nintendo simply not making the new 3DS XL anymore? I have not seen any since...Thanksgiving? Yeah, I see a 2DS here and there, but I have no interest in the budget handheld- it plays newer games like Pokemon Sun and Moon at a lower framerate during battles etc... Is the reason that there are essentially...no new 3ds handhelds in stock...pretty much anywhere (save for resellers pushing way over retail worth) because Nintendo doesn't want something to get close to Nintendo Switch pricepoint (w/ a better game library) to hinder possible Switch pre-orders and purchases? Maybe I'm overthinking this.

CrimsonJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I think they probably lowered the production of the 3DS to make a lot of Switchs so Nintendo can avoid the Wii stock problem. Selling out is great for news stories but actually selling those units probably makes more money.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'm starting to think this is an American problem. Here in the UK, everywhere seems in stock of New 3DS's (just not the special versions with Pokemon characters on or whatever). I only ever hear about this from people in the US.

Also, I don't see why they would cease development or stop selling them as competition to the Switch because if they were going to do that, then they'd have stopped publishing games for the 3DS - and they announced 2 new Fire Emblem titles coming to the New 3DS just last week.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.