Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo 3DS

Platform »

The Nintendo 3DS is a portable game console produced by Nintendo. The handheld features stereoscopic 3D technology that doesn't require glasses. It was released in Japan on February 26, 2011 and in North America on March 27, 2011.

3DS upgrade and upcoming games

amadeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By amadeus

Recently, my 3DS broke, and I'm trying to rationalize buying a 3DS XL. I'd like to finish Mario & Luigi, but other than Pokemon Y and Ace Attorney, I can't think of anything else I'd want to play, and I don't see anything upcoming that piques my interest. Is it worth upgrading? Did I miss any upcoming games?

Any thoughts and opinions are appreciated. Thanks!

L33T_HAXOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 26

I dunno, Zelda? They haven't announced much for 2014 yet far as I know.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Fire Emblem and Etrian Odyssey IV alone make my 3DS worth keeping.

I don't know what's coming up next year, though. This year was quite a surprise for me, I didn't start it expecting to buy a 3DS XL a few months in and spend a lot of my summer playing it.

amadeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks guys! It's really kind of you to take time to respond. I appreciate it.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

Just buy a 2DS.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

There isn't a ton announced for 2014 for the 3DS yet, aside from that Yoshi's Island game that will look like Kirby's Epic Yarn, and also whenever the hell Super Smash Bros. 3DS comes out.

But yeah, Zelda should be pretty rad.

Miyuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 14

Yeah, not a lot of announcements yet, but I've been playing the hell out of SMT IV and Etrian Odyssey Untold... both worth it to me.

edsone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amadeus: what about Bravely Default, the new Zelda, Youkai Watch will probably come(it's my favourite game of the year so far), Dragon Quest VII (great remake), and probably more depending on your taste. I'd upgrade but maybe you should wait a bit. Now, I have a question for you: did you have any problems with your downloaded titles? were they connect to your nintendo club account or something? or perhaps you only ever bought physical copies...

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

you know, with black friday or maybe boxing day ( no clue where u live). there is an opportunity to pick up a 99$ OG 3ds. I remember seeing them last year and being super unhappy I had no idea that it was happening. In any case, maybe wait a little until something you want comes out and buy in again then? Mario and Luigi is a fantastic series (bought a ds for it) and depending on how far in you are, my idea may make some sense.

amadeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By amadeus

@edsone I don't have any downloaded titles, I like having the physical copy. Maybe that's weird in this day and age.

edsone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amadeus said:

@edsone I don't have any downloaded titles, I like having the physical copy. Maybe that's weird in this day and age.

Not completely BUT there are plenty of games that are digital only. Games like Pushmo, Crashmo and VC titles...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.