Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo 3DS

Platform »

The Nintendo 3DS is a portable game console produced by Nintendo. The handheld features stereoscopic 3D technology that doesn't require glasses. It was released in Japan on February 26, 2011 and in North America on March 27, 2011.

Best First-time Mario

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think there are many 2D Marios that feature Yoshi. And none of them are on 3DS. It depends on whether the 3DS eshop has SNES games in it. If it does then you can try Super Mario World. If it doesn't, then you might be out of luck.

There may be a Yoshi game or two on DS if that counts. (since 3DS can play all DS games) But Yoshi is the playable character, not Mario.

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Hey guys, I have never more than tested a Mario game, but now I bought a 3DS, and would like to play one proper. Which is the best 2D one, that features Yoshi? I'm not really into Kart and the 3D ones, but I'd like to play a good 2D one...

Yoshi's Island.

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Super Mario World would probably be the best Mario to start with that is 2D and features Yoshi but I don't know if it is on the 3DS eShop or not.

New Super Mario Bros. for the original DS was also pretty fun. You could check that out if you are limited to playing these games on a 3DS and Super Mario World is not an option.

awadnin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By awadnin

There is no Mario game on the 3DS that features Yoshi , unless you bought your 3DS last year, and you became an 3DS Ambassador. In this case you can play with a Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island which is a solid game. However, I think Super Mario 3D Land is also a solid platformer, and I advice you to give it a shot even if it don't feature Yoshi!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.