Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo 3DS

Platform »

The Nintendo 3DS is a portable game console produced by Nintendo. The handheld features stereoscopic 3D technology that doesn't require glasses. It was released in Japan on February 26, 2011 and in North America on March 27, 2011.

I Prefer the Push Button Volume on the 3DS

insouciant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By insouciant

The Nintendo DSi's volume control was push button. You press "+" to make it louder and "-" to lower it. The 3DS has a slide rule volume control. Just budging it slightly causes a big difference in the volume. Does anyone else prefer push button like me?

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Snail

I'm totally with you. I don't understand why Nintendo didn't just keep that. Physically, the DSi might just have the best feel of any Nintendo handheld ever. It's really well built.

You also seem to have messed up the title of your thread.

lightsoda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By lightsoda

Didn't the original DS have a slider too? Haven't touched it in ages though. The vita has buttons, and yes, I prefer that.

uhtaree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By uhtaree

I just saw the demo unit at Walmart and that slider looked way too flimsy, and based off my experience with the slider on the 3ds, this just looks way too cheap for a console.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By FancySoapsMan

Eh, I'm fine with it.

Philedius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Philedius

I find the slider to be way too flimsy. I'd much rather have a wheel like on the Game Boy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.