Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo 3DS

Platform »

The Nintendo 3DS is a portable game console produced by Nintendo. The handheld features stereoscopic 3D technology that doesn't require glasses. It was released in Japan on February 26, 2011 and in North America on March 27, 2011.

Level 5 3DS eShop Sale until jan 2, which to get?

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

#1  Edited By Forcen

All of these games are on sale for $5.00/€4.99/£4.49/50.00 SEK a piece right now and will be until January 2.

Liberation Maiden

Crimson Shroud

The Starship Damrey

Attack of the Friday Monsters! A Tokyo Tale

Bugs vs. Tanks!

I have none of these games, the first 4 in the list seem interesting. Which games are the good ones?

Also Aero Porter is not on the sale page for me, but it is 50SEK for me? Maybe that is the original price?

Guesty_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have only played Crimson Shroud, and it's great if you like role play board gaming. I got stuck occasionally by not knowing what to do or where to go next, but overall I enjoyed it. Very refreshing.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#3  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Thanks for the heads up. Been meaning to play Crimson Shroud.

evanbower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

Attack of the Friday Monsters is incredible.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
    deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crimson Shroud sounds really neat, I'll try it out.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Crimson Shroud.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate how the 3DS doesn't tell you the freaking progress of the download. It's just a crane coming by and dropping balls into a square. What an odd download screen.

XenoNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I played Crimson Shroud and Liberation Maiden and loved them both.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@guesty_01: Those fucking skeletons and their damn key.

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

Which of these games will last me the longest?

Thoseposers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By Thoseposers

Attack of the Friday Monsters is incredible.

i agree with this, even though it ends somewhat abruptly

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had a lot of fun with Starship Damrey, but it is very slowly paced and not exactly filled with tense moments. It's all about atmosphere and it's kind of homage to sci fi operas of years past.

I might pick up another one of these. Their work seems interesting.

Pabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I found Attack of the Friday Monsters to be a really enjoyable, peaceful gaming experienced. Big time events in a small little place. There's not much game to it, other than collecting glowing orbs and battling friends in a simplistic card game, but it's a fun few hours. That's my suggestion of the bunch.

beard_of_zeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

I just bought Attack of the Friday Monsters, heard good things.

@hatking said:

I had a lot of fun with Starship Damrey, but it is very slowly paced and not exactly filled with tense moments. It's all about atmosphere and it's kind of homage to sci fi operas of years past.

Same here. Definitely all about the atmosphere, but I really liked it. The ending is awesome and satisfying as well.
    I will also recommend Liberation Maiden, it's just a fun arcade shooter, and controls surprisingly well. The game's story about you being the anime lady president of Japan and flying around in a robot is suitably duuuuuuuuumb, too.
    On the other hand, let me be the Crimson Shroud naysayer in this thread. It was not fun spending approximately half my playtime having no clue what to do next. And for a game that gets kinda difficult, it would be helpful if the UI for managing/comparing items was not hot garbage. I like the tabletop/dice-rolling hook, but I feel as if the bad outweighs the good in Crimson Shroud. Feel free to play it for yourself, though, don't take one man's word for it.
    jaycrockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Crimson Shroud is super harsh and obtuse and the inventory is indeed crappy, but I still loved the hell out of it.

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only have Liberation Maiden from the list, I liked it quite a bit, it's an interesting way to play a shooter (unless you're left handed). And as mentioned above, the plot is adorably dumb. Feels like it has a budget behind it too, unlike some other eshop titles, voice acting and fairly spiffy visuals included.

It's pretty short though, maybe 1-2 hours? Which means it's finished before it starts to get old. Which I suppose is a good thing? Think I eventually dumped close to 8 hours into it, completing all the challenges...

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#18  Edited By TechnoSyndrome

Really adored Starship Damrey, great little atmospheric piece that left me wanting more but was wholly satisfying. I also have Liberation Maiden, but I only played through the first level and found the gameplay dull normally and incomprehensible in boss battles. Unless you're really into big 3D anime butts I wouldn't recommend it.

I think I'm gonna pick up Friday Monsters, it looked really interesting when it was first announced but when it came out I heard mixed things. This sale is a great excuse to finally try it out for myself.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

I actually enjoyed Starship Damrey - it was a nice little atmospheric game. It did feel a little insubstantial though.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

All the games are being recommended and it's making it so hard to choose! Weird how nobody talked about Bugs vs. Tank though, has anyone played it yet?

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Purchsed Crimson Shroud and Attack of the Friday Monsters. After these two purchases along with my other ones prior I've officially filled my 32 gb sd card.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crimson Shroud is a very interesting game. I don't know if I necessarily like it, but I really like how you got to roll during cutscenes to avoid arrows and such. I don't like the lack of a leveling system, and I don't like the combat very much. I like how the cutscenes play out like a D&D game though, that's a very cute touch I think.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@random45 said:

Crimson Shroud is a very interesting game. I don't know if I necessarily like it, but I really like how you got to roll during cutscenes to avoid arrows and such. I don't like the lack of a leveling system, and I don't like the combat very much. I like how the cutscenes play out like a D&D game though, that's a very cute touch I think.

Yeah, I feel kinda the same. The part where you don't level and instead just fuse better weapons is weird, and I don't like how all the characters more or less have the same skills (and they're largely buffs/debuffs). The dice are cool, but I wish they weren't just used for bonus damage in combat.

But yeah, the atmosphere of the dungeon you're exploring is really good, and I liked the setting and story overall. The way it randomly reminisces to give you backstory was neat.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@forcen: Looks like you're just gonna need to buy all of the first four for $20. ;)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.