Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo 3DS

Platform »

The Nintendo 3DS is a portable game console produced by Nintendo. The handheld features stereoscopic 3D technology that doesn't require glasses. It was released in Japan on February 26, 2011 and in North America on March 27, 2011.

Professor Layton Games (confused).

grnt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By grnt

Looking at getting the professor Layton games for my gf after the Christmas rush as we bought ourselves a 3DS XL for Christmas and she seems to think she likes puzzle games, so here is hoping :)

I was looking at ozgameshop (mostly because they have pretty much everything and they also had good prices for us) however I'm a bit confused.... the link is http://www.ozgameshop.com/search/professor+layton

I wanted to get her the first game which according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professor_Layton#The_Curious_Village is the Curious Village, but the link above has TWO Curious Villages, is one a remake? Is one just a different box? Is there even any point getting the first and doing them in order? So confused!

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By SpunkyHePanda

Judging by the ratings on the covers, the one with Layton and Luke is the US release, and the one with the hat is the UK release.

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Kerned
    1. There is only one Curious Village, as far as I know.
    2. I don't see two Curious Villages in that link.
    3. You are using Wikipedia as a source of information about video game releases, when you obviously know about Giant Bomb.
    Avatar image for omniscientcajun
    omniscientcajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By omniscientcajun

Looks like the two Curious Villages images are different region covers (NTSC and PAL I believe). As the website you're using is UK based, I assume you want the PAL version, though I'm woefully underknowledged about the region-locked or region-free nature of the DS/3DS. I've only played the first two (Curious Village and Diabolical Box) so I can't speak to playing them out of order. I have liked them both, and I've heard the series is fairly consistent in terms of narrative and puzzles.

grnt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By grnt

Ahh didn't even think about that, thanks guys while I know about Giant Bomb I'm still coming to terms with how to use it's databases, the podcast and the forums are what I use mostly so I thought I'd get more help here.

EDIT: I just got her Diabolic Box and will wait till the first is in stock (I saved over 50% on retail stores here it's just crazy).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.