Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo 3DS

Platform »

The Nintendo 3DS is a portable game console produced by Nintendo. The handheld features stereoscopic 3D technology that doesn't require glasses. It was released in Japan on February 26, 2011 and in North America on March 27, 2011.

Timezone, midnight, 3DS, whatÉ

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MideonNViscera

EDIT: Way to spaz on me keyboard. 60 chars sure isn`t much for a topic title.

I thought this would be an easy find, but Google hasn't solved my problem yet. Probably because I can't find the right wording for my search. Anyway, I think I may go digital for Animal Crossing, since one game isn't a big risk. I'm in horrible Atlantic Time though so I'm afraid "midnight" really means 4am or something.

So did any of you ever get the midnight release of a digital 3DS game? If so, what time was it really, and what time zone were you in?

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I think it goes up midnight EST.

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
    EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By EquitasInvictus

I thought this would be an easy find, but Google hasn't solved my problem yet. Probably because I can't find the right wording for my search. Anyway, I think I may go digital for Animal Crossing, since one game isn't a big risk. I'm in horrible Atlantic Time though so I'm afraid "midnight" really means 4am or something.

So did any of you ever get the midnight release of a digital 3DS game? If so, what time was it really, and what time zone were you in?

How did your keyboard give you a capital E with an accent aigu if you weren't intentionally using alt keys? I'd say that's actually quite an accomplishment rather than a spazzy keyboard.

I am also pretty certain it's America's EST or GMT -0500 if I'm correct with relative time zone conversions.

If I do cave in and get this digitally this would be my first. I might just physically buy it somewhere, though.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MideonNViscera

@mideonnviscera said:

How did your keyboard give you a capital E with an accent aigu if you weren't intentionally using alt keys? I'd say that's actually quite an accomplishment rather than a spazzy keyboard.

Yes, I was lying. I intentionally used that weird E instead of a question mark, and then I lied about it.

Anyway, EST is a lot better than Pacific, which I`ve also been hearing as I investigate this.

Joeyoe31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Joeyoe31

@turtlebird95 said:

I think it goes up midnight EST.

This. Nintendo always releases all their games digitally by midnight for EST time. It was the same for Fire Emblem and Paper Mario.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#6  Edited By StarvingGamer

Actually I'd imagine they'll release it as midnight EDT instead of EST because, you know, stuff.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MideonNViscera

Actually I'd imagine they'll release it as midnight EDT instead of EST because, you know, stuff.

haha I had no goddamn idea there was a difference. Learn something new every day.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.