Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo 3DS

Platform »

The Nintendo 3DS is a portable game console produced by Nintendo. The handheld features stereoscopic 3D technology that doesn't require glasses. It was released in Japan on February 26, 2011 and in North America on March 27, 2011.

wondering if i want a 3ds system now?

Bait003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

i am currently looking at purchasing a 3ds (and i would get zelda: a link between the worlds right off the bat) and i have a basic rule of spending as much on games as i do on the system (currently looking at a 3ds with zelda between worlds included) and mainly want i am wondering is if there is anything else on 3ds that would be worth getting that would make the system purchase worth it?

btw: i mostly enjoy RPGs, tactical RPGs, some puzzles games.

thanks for all the help from the community

and have great day :)

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

Oh, you want a 3DS. Fire Emblem, Pushmo, Professor Layton and The Miracle Mask, maybe Pokemon X&Y if you're into that. Definitely get one, it's 2013's 2011 Console of The Year.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By crithon

dear god there are way too many rpgs and tacticle rpgs worth getting on 3DS, You'd be tripping on them.

Fire Emblem Awakening, Etrian Odyssey 4 Legend of the Titan, Project X Zone, Pokemone XY, Sin Megami Tensei 4, Mario and Luigi Dream Team, Denpa Men 2, Code Princess, Crimson Shroud,

Bravery Default isn't out yet, but basically it's dragon quest but you the idea of "brave default" is skipping a turn in hopes you get a more powerful move. It's simple design and works well.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Not until I saw this thread. Grammar jokes aside (and pardon the poor formatting, the mobile site won't even let me start new paragrahs), here is a list of games: Fire Emblem: Awakening; Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars; Mario 3D Land, Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies; Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, Pushmo; Crashmo; Harmoknight; Attack of the Friday Monsters; Crimson Shroud; Pokemon X/Y; Animal Crossing; New Leaf; Shin Megami Tensei IV; Etrian Odyssey; others I am forgetting as I am out to dinner.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

You know, this might sound CRAZY! But.....

The 2DS is surprisingly nice.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mind elaborating on this a bit? I'm seriously debating whether or not to pick up one of the Pokemon bundles and could use some input.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@viciousbearmauling said:

Mind elaborating on this a bit? I'm seriously debating whether or not to pick up one of the Pokemon bundles and could use some input.

Well, it's hell of a lot sturdier than it looks, it fits in a coat pocket, the two screens are the same, so you don't get any visual differences in the screens like I got in my old 3DS (Whites having a yellow tinge on bottom screen). Plus it's cheaper, which is always nice.

The case they sell is also pretty nice, keeps it from scratching very well.

I think that the 2DS is the better choice for your not lugging it everywhere you go, but if your always on the go and your stuffing it with all your things and your likely to drop it occasionally, then I say go with the 3DS, the clam design protects it better.

Also, the lack of 3D isn't a big deal.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

btw: i mostly enjoy RPGs, tactical RPGs, some puzzles games.

Well, there's Fire Emblem Awakening, Shin Megami Tensei IV, and the two Etrian Odyssey games covering your RPG needs. Bravely Default is also coming out in English soon and it's supposed to be really good.

For puzzle games, there's that Push-Mo thing or whatever. I haven't played it, but a lot of people seem to like it.

EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

I bought mine for one game only and that is upcoming Persona game. I bought Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 7 and Pokemon X (came with mario and luigi) and i'm very happy with it so far. Though the 3d can make me want to vomit if I move my hand by mistake, I love it :P

TheFridgeGC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

At the present moment there is no reason anyone shouldn't have a 3DS

wmoyer83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Fire Emblem, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Virtues Last Reward, Mario stuff....its all good on here.

Don't delay, act now

Bait003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

thanks for all info.....i was thinking about getting a 2ds but i am looking at the 3ds new zelda skinned....again thanks again all

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.