Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo DS

Platform »

The Nintendo DS is a handheld featuring two screens, one of which is a resistive touchscreen. Four different models are available: the original DS, the DS Lite, the DSi, the DSi XL.

DSi Parental Settings PIN

matpaget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By matpaget

So, my little brother wants to download Four Swords today, but every time I try to set up his internet connection, it asks for a parental settings PIN. Now, he tells me that it's 9485, but I keep putting that in and it is pretty obvious that is not the PIN.

I was wondering what I should do? Is there a way to reset the DS's security settings or is he screwed?

This isn't the first time he forgot his password for something video-game related. He forgot his PSN password, but thanks to the PlayStation Network black-out a few months ago, he got to change his password. He's only 11, so I'll let it slide now.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Just keep trying numbers. Start with 0000. Keep going.

Try variants of 9485. If he keeps saying those numbers, then maybe they're in it, just in the wrong order.

matpaget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By matpaget

@MooseyMcMan: Well, that's not actually the number. He used a number my family uses for a lot of different things. I just didn't want to say that number. I'll see if he made a mistake though by pushing in similar combos.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By MooseyMcMan

@MatPaget: Never mind then. Carry on. Good luck. Have Batman. Always be...something.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.