Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo DS

Platform »

The Nintendo DS is a handheld featuring two screens, one of which is a resistive touchscreen. Four different models are available: the original DS, the DS Lite, the DSi, the DSi XL.

DSiWare news (24 June)- complete and without the bias.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By oldschool
    Source: Endogene  (via: Source: http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=18489)

Nintendo DSiWare

American Popstar: Road to Celebrity (Gameloft, 1-4 players, Rated E for Everyone – Comic Mischief, 800 Nintendo DSi Points™): This is your enthralling and interactive success story as a young hopeful in the music milieu. The adventure begins when you get the chance to audition at your Hollywood high school. But the road to celebrity isn't an easy one: Your secret crush is also auditioning, and so is your evil rival. This unique mix of music-themed gaming and social adventure will let you show your talents to the world, take your best photo with the Nintendo DSi system's built-in camera and meet lots of people who may help you build your career. You're about to become the greatest pop star in the world. Talk, share activities and be friendly or unfriendly with numerous characters. Customize your character's name and appearance, and develop skills and personality through your actions. Four musical mini-games include Guitar, Singing, Drums and Dance. Record your voice, take your own photos and sign autographs.

Photo Clock (Nintendo, 1 player, 200 Nintendo DSi Points): Photo Clock allows you to enjoy the photos taken with your Nintendo DSi Camera application in a new way. Watch your images appear on the top screen of your Nintendo DSi system according to your chosen display settings (specific photos or all photos; in order or randomly displayed). Select from either an analog or digital clock, using the system's internal clock or offsetting the time however you like. Program up to three alarms – with snooze functionality for those who need it – and assign them a preset ring or use a sound created in Nintendo DSi Sound. Experience all the enjoyment of a photo album while ensuring you won't lose track of the time.

Thanks Endogene.

Whilst I am not likely to be interested in either of these, as I am not the demographic it searches for, it continues a slow but steady growth of releases as developers start to come to terms with what they can do on the platform.

Mods - this is not the same as Brad's article, so I would appreciate allowing us as proper DS users to discuss it.  So do not lock as a duplicate - it isn't.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Al3xand3r

24 June? Wut?

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By oldschool
    Al3xand3r said:
    24 June? Wut?
    Oh crap - I broke my time machine again   :-)

That would be 24 May I suppose.  Well, there goes my journalistic integrity .
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Al3xand3r

25... Drinking much? Shoulda made it Nintendo Ware news and included the WiiWare stuff ;)

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By Dalai

I think oldschool needs a do-over.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Linkyshinks

The first title there received 8/10 from Nintendolife. it's not to my taste also, but younger peeps with a interest in music might find it appealing.

oldschool said:
    Source: Endogene (via: Source: http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=18489)Nintendo DSiWareAmerican Popstar: Road to Celebrity (Gameloft, 1-4 players, Rated E for Everyone – Comic Mischief, ... [more]

Also, I think many developers are waiting for E3 to get good coverage, it's not like Nintendo advertise these games as well as their own.

There tends to be a lull in quality releases on all platforms prior E3.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By oldschool
    Ossi said:
    Aw man, that's it? I wonder how many clock applications we're gunna need to go through before Nintendo gives up ... [more]
    I agree, for us, this isn't news we go for.  If we have young children, yes, but me - no.  I think our expectations for koller apps straight up are not realistic.  We shouldn't also just just look to Nintendo to lead the way.  Dragon Quest Wars sounds interresting and I think that is the way of the future.  I wouldn't mind some mini stories on games like Advance Wars on the DSiWare, but given some real attempt at doing it differently.

Dalai said:
    I think oldschool needs a do-over. [more]
    Not even the Queer Eye guys could fix me  :-)
    Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Endogene
    oldschool said:
    Ossi said: Aw man, that's it? I wonder how many clock applications we're gunna need to go through before Nintendo ... [more]
    Funny that you mention that, there is a Advance war clone coming called Mecho Wars by the (in)famous Luke Benard that already came out on the Iphone. It will be out on wiiware first and only then on DSiWare though.

I'n not sure about the quality of the game, I've read some comments by people who played the Iphone version saying its great though.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By oldschool
    Endogene said:
    oldschool said: Ossi said: Aw man, that's it? I wonder how many clock applications we're gunna need to go through ... [more]
    I imagine we are going to see a lot of multiplatform games for the iPhone and DSiWare.  Nothing wrong with that.  I have the iPod Touch and will likely have my DSi in August - birthday time   :-)
    Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By Endogene
    @oldschool: Looks like it, Gameloft in particular is making quite a push, the football game released last week was originally a DS game, got ported to the Iphone and now re-released on the DSi with some extra features. This week US game is also by them, originally it was a cell phone game, this is an enhanced remake of it. There is also a game called Ghostwire that was initially also a cell phone game that was just announced and that looks like the perfect fit for the DSi camera and the DS its touch control, perhaps the first really interesting non-Nintendo game that uses the camera.

It surprises me that there are no maps released at the moment, the Japanese service already has quite a bit of them. Guess that those things might not works outside of Tokyo.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Al3xand3r

I don't mind multi platforms as long as they're good. I mean, Iphone and DS is the obvious choice given the touch capabilities of both. And I don't think most of the install base of each has both of the systems...

Number1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Number1

God damn your a fanboy. defending a clock

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By oldschool
    Number1 said:
    God damn your a fanboy. defending a clock
    No-one is defending a clock.  Try reading.

However, if we were, it would put us at a class above poor journalism and those that tug the forelocks of their journalist heroes.  They are all just plain sad.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.