Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo DS

Platform »

The Nintendo DS is a handheld featuring two screens, one of which is a resistive touchscreen. Four different models are available: the original DS, the DS Lite, the DSi, the DSi XL.

Raider of the lost Ark - ARTIFACT FOUND!

Conzed92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Edited By Conzed92

The trip to GameStop today was a mixed experience. The employee who I had talked to about S.Scribblenauts (I will find you!) explained to me that a newly hired kid had accidentally switched the original Scribblenauts disc with the S.Scribblenauts, and had sold of the new version 50% of what the store actually charged, and now they were left with only one copy, the original, totally unwanted, I-do-not-care-if-you-exist version. So some lucky guy paying for a decent game ended up with a really great game, that's luck :D!  

Anyways, the trip to GameStop was for me a try to get a new game for my revived interest in the Nintendo DS, and the game which I chose, getting to it, took almost an hour to for me to decide to pick up... Apparently the DS can turn you into a 12-year old girl, deciding which Barbie suits the new Barbie Porsche the best. It horrible, completely horrible. I repeatedly walked from the pre-owned section to the new, pre-owned, new, pre-owned!! And it struck me, just as I had finished the 10th lap or so, that the DS suffers from the same problem as its big brother Wii, there are a gazzilion games for this platform that nobody buys, at least not if you do not suffer from organic brain damage... Pilates, for the DS? I do pilates with 20 other people, in a gym, provided that I have not stared at a pair of teen breasts in a way too tight t-shirt for a few weeks... I WILL NOT DO PILATES IN MY HOME, from my DS. 
    I literally dug my way through a basket of DS games, and I kinda got the same feeling you get when you find a ten-pack of kittens left by the road in some cardboard (Aaaaaalmost... DS games are not that ''adorable''), there are so many games coming out, by so many different developers that do not all have the same set of quality expectation, skill-level-to-acquire-such etc. These games had been dumped in a basket, thrown away because even five-year olds have so much common sense that a game about a 17-year old wizard, which fared bad on all other consoles, properly would not improve that significantly on a handheld device. 
    And yet... It seemed that even in the deepest pits of this world, treasures can be found for those who have patience, or a shovel to dig through twenty kilo of plastic containers. 

THIS WAS MY FINDING!  

No Caption Provided

And I am in love with this little guy, and girl (In a non-gay-non-pedo kind of fashion).  

My adventures in the world of DS continues, now with ZELDA AND LINK!
    Conzed92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Conzed92

The trip to GameStop today was a mixed experience. The employee who I had talked to about S.Scribblenauts (I will find you!) explained to me that a newly hired kid had accidentally switched the original Scribblenauts disc with the S.Scribblenauts, and had sold of the new version 50% of what the store actually charged, and now they were left with only one copy, the original, totally unwanted, I-do-not-care-if-you-exist version. So some lucky guy paying for a decent game ended up with a really great game, that's luck :D!  

Anyways, the trip to GameStop was for me a try to get a new game for my revived interest in the Nintendo DS, and the game which I chose, getting to it, took almost an hour to for me to decide to pick up... Apparently the DS can turn you into a 12-year old girl, deciding which Barbie suits the new Barbie Porsche the best. It horrible, completely horrible. I repeatedly walked from the pre-owned section to the new, pre-owned, new, pre-owned!! And it struck me, just as I had finished the 10th lap or so, that the DS suffers from the same problem as its big brother Wii, there are a gazzilion games for this platform that nobody buys, at least not if you do not suffer from organic brain damage... Pilates, for the DS? I do pilates with 20 other people, in a gym, provided that I have not stared at a pair of teen breasts in a way too tight t-shirt for a few weeks... I WILL NOT DO PILATES IN MY HOME, from my DS. 
    I literally dug my way through a basket of DS games, and I kinda got the same feeling you get when you find a ten-pack of kittens left by the road in some cardboard (Aaaaaalmost... DS games are not that ''adorable''), there are so many games coming out, by so many different developers that do not all have the same set of quality expectation, skill-level-to-acquire-such etc. These games had been dumped in a basket, thrown away because even five-year olds have so much common sense that a game about a 17-year old wizard, which fared bad on all other consoles, properly would not improve that significantly on a handheld device. 
    And yet... It seemed that even in the deepest pits of this world, treasures can be found for those who have patience, or a shovel to dig through twenty kilo of plastic containers. 

THIS WAS MY FINDING!  

No Caption Provided

And I am in love with this little guy, and girl (In a non-gay-non-pedo kind of fashion).  

My adventures in the world of DS continues, now with ZELDA AND LINK!
    Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Twisted_Scot

Is that Denmark KRR? If so how expensive are games there? 250 Kr looks about $40 US or 33 Euros. Is this correct? Close your eyes, whatever you do don't look at my ignorance Marion!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.