Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo DS

Platform »

The Nintendo DS is a handheld featuring two screens, one of which is a resistive touchscreen. Four different models are available: the original DS, the DS Lite, the DSi, the DSi XL.

Should I buy a DSi now?

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Emilio

I am seriously half and half on the situation. There's a lot of new apps coming out for it, and I'm very interested in flipnote.

If I order from Amazon, I'll be able to buy a DSi and receive a game for free ( Looking at Rhythm Heaven ) and it will also save me $15 on sales tax. I'll also be able to jump in on the free 1000 Nintendo points.

BUT, I could also use the money to buy other games. I'm really looking at the Professor Layton series.

BUT BUT, Korg DS-10 Plus is coming out, and I'd really like to jam on that when it arrives.

I'm also looking at the blue DSi. Wish they had an orange or green one in NA.

Can you guys persuade me against or for a DSi?

ArcBorealis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ArcBorealis

Well, if you're not gonna play the DS Guitar Hero games or any GBA games, go ahead and get one.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Fallen189

Somewhere in the world, Oldschool just woke up and is racing to his PC

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By oldschool
    @Fallen189 said:
    " Somewhere in the world, Oldschool just woke up and is racing to his PC "
     My DS sense is tingling  ^_^

What do you mean woke up.  It is 11.45PM man.  I haven't gone to bed yet.  I am finishing 2008 year on the DS thread and downloading a demo on Xbox Live.  

I got my DSi a couple of weeks ago and love it, but it isn't essential.  Nothing on DSiWare is truly critical to me.  So, I am not going to say you have to have one.  The timing is about when you think it is right - price and DSiWare.  Still. I love the bigger screen.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By Linkyshinks

Think about the future of your DS gaming, get a DSi., but I would get Layton myself.   

Flipnote and Korg Plus will great together. I'm looking forward to it too..

I'm done with persuading, there's now a load of threads with evidence of me trying :)

fynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By fynne

If you don't have a DS Lite, then sure, otherwise I don't see any reason to get a DSi.....unless you reaaaaally want those free Nintendo points.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#7  Edited By AgentJ
    @oldschool said:
    " @Fallen189 said:
     My DS sense is tingling  ^_^ What do you mean woke up.  It is 11.45PM man.  I haven't gone to bed yet.  I am finishing 2008 year on the DS thread and downloading a demo on Xbox Live.   I got my DSi a couple of weeks ago and love it, but it isn't essential.  Nothing on DSiWare is truly critical to me.  So, I am not going to say you have to have one.  The timing is about when you think it is right - price and DSiWare.  Still. I love the bigger screen. "
    Which demo was that? Batman? Wet? Other? 

I'd say as long as your current DS works you should buy more games. 
    Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Emilio

Hmmm hmmm... Maybe I should just wait a little and go ahead and buy Professor Layton and the Curious Village.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By oldschool
    @AgentJ said:

" @oldschool said:

" @Fallen189 said:
     My DS sense is tingling  ^_^ What do you mean woke up.  It is 11.45PM man.  I haven't gone to bed yet.  I am finishing 2008 year on the DS thread and downloading a demo on Xbox Live.   I got my DSi a couple of weeks ago and love it, but it isn't essential.  Nothing on DSiWare is truly critical to me.  So, I am not going to say you have to have one.  The timing is about when you think it is right - price and DSiWare.  Still. I love the bigger screen. "
    Which demo was that? Batman? Wet? Other?  I'd say as long as your current DS works you should buy more games.  "
    No, Tales of Vesperia.  If the files are too big, Idon't do them and so go over 1Gb.  Looks lovely, so I can't wait  for my Wii game to turn up and a new Wii game (Graces) that is coming.     

@Emilio said:
    " Hmmm hmmm... Maybe I should just wait a little and go ahead and buy Professor Layton and the Curious Village. "
    See if there are any good deals at Christmas, that may be a good time to consider it. 
    Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Emilio
    @oldschool: 

What?
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By oldschool
    @Emilio said:
    " @oldschool:   What? "
    Corrected.   Man, that was some glitch.  Now you see what my post was actually supposed to look like (and was when I posted it).  No wonder you asked "what"!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.