Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo DS

Platform »

The Nintendo DS is a handheld featuring two screens, one of which is a resistive touchscreen. Four different models are available: the original DS, the DS Lite, the DSi, the DSi XL.

The new DS bargain thread. See a bargain - tell us.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By oldschool

Let's see how this goes  :-)

If you happen to see a good or even questionable bargain, especially if available as an import, let everyone know.  With the lack of region coding, the DS is perfect for it.  Even if it is in Japanese, hell, don't let that stop you as I have built myself quite a good collection of Japanese titles.

Share  the love  :-)
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By oldschool

Here is a Japanese title that is a bit of a novelty I believe.

product info

Shipping at US$ 4.90

Slide Adventure: Mag Kid
    NintendoCompatible with Nintendo DS™
    No Region Protection
     In stock, usually ships within 24hrs
    List price: 
    Special price: US$ 9.90 (~12.83 AUD)*
    You save: US$ 49.00 (~63.50 AUD)
    description
    Follow the wacky adventures of Mag Kid as he slips and slides into enemies while solving puzzles. Use the slide controller peripheral to make a stand for your DS and slide it around a smooth surface, making Mag Kid move around the screen with it.

Apparently, no language issues as it is almost entirely image based.  It requires you to move the DS as it has a weird little periphereal.  I understand that it is more a kids game, but it could be a cheap and novel piece of fun..  It is a one week special at Playasia.  I am both tempted and curious.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#3  Edited By AgentJ

I think it's still  valid for a while... 
    *AHEM* Stop by your local Gamestop today and pick up Valkyrie Profile: Covanent of the Plume for under 20 dollars. DO IT NOW!

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Brendan

Assasin's Creed: Altair's Chronicles.   Oh wait, tht's just cheap.  Spend the eleven bucks on a really expensive cup of coffee or somethng. /end rant based off bad purchase

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AgentJ
    @Brendan said:
    " Assasin's Creed: Altair's Chronicles.   Oh wait, tht's just cheap.  Spend the eleven bucks on a really expensive cup of coffee or somethng. /end rant based off bad purchase "
    Oh, I thought we were supposed to report on GOOD games in bargain bins : D
    dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By dsplayer1010

My GameStop had Elite Beat Agents for $10  new the other day.

maa4208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By maa4208

The Target I work at has either Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time or Ring of Fates on Clearence for like less than $30 I think. It's one of those 2, thats all I remember.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I was going to make a post a few days ago telling you guys about this awesome DS deal. Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword for the DS was on sale for only $12 new at Amazon, but then I noticed there was only 1 copy left so I stopped myself from posting it.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By oldschool
    @AgentJ said:
    " I think it's still  valid for a while... *AHEM* Stop by your local Gamestop today and pick up Valkyrie Profile: Covanent of the Plume for under 20 dollars. DO IT NOW! "
    It is times like this I wish I had access to American game stores  :-(

I can only rely on online stores that ship at a reasonable cost.  I would SO pick that bargain up (it's still only $25 Au).
    Marzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Marzy
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By oldschool
    @Marzy said:
    " Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars
    Only £12.79. "
    Not only do the Poms beat us at cricket, but they also have good games cheaper.  Sucks I say - I would get that as well ($26 Au, where the cheapest I have seen it is $50).
    Avatar image for valkyriegoddess
    ValkyrieGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By ValkyrieGoddess
    @AgentJ said:
    " I think it's still  valid for a while... *AHEM* Stop by your local Gamestop today and pick up Valkyrie Profile: Covanent of the Plume for under 20 dollars. DO IT NOW! "
    It funny you said this because i picked it up last week for only $18 new. I still haven't played it though.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AgentJ
    @ValkyrieGoddess said:
    " @AgentJ said:
    It funny you said this because i picked it up last week for only $18 new. I still haven't played it though. "
    Should I be shocked that someone with "Valkyrie" in their name would pick this up? Dont feel guilty: i haven't popped it in either, and it might be a while before I do. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.