Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo Entertainment System

Platform »

The NES, also known as Famicom, launched in 1983 in Japan and 1985 in North America, where the video game industry was headed downhill due to a deluge of poor games and over-saturation. Nintendo's second home console became an enormous success, establishing consoles as a mainstream market in Japan and pulling the North American industry back to its feet.

A NES birthday!

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By jdh5153

So for my birthday my girlfriend got me a case of my favorite beer from the East Coast and a NES! Quite unexpected, but it's awesome to hold that controller again. Going to shop around to find some games today, hopefully I can come across Super Mario Bros. 3 and not have to order it online! (oh and Tecmo Super Bowl would be a nice find!). Any other suggestions worth owning? Also, anywhere else I should look online beyond Amazon and eBay for NES games?

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By killacam

Awesome present! I'll recommend Base Wars (customizable robots playing baseball and fighting in space) and Blades of Steel.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d4cf64585b7
    deactivated-57d4cf64585b7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally always say support your local games shop before you go to the internet. I find them cheaper and I want them to stay in business. /soapbox

Mega Man 3, or Mega Man 2 are some of the best in the series. I find Dragon Warrior to be more fun than it is, and Blaster Master for the lulz.

edit: SICK gift either way! :D

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jdh5153

Yeah I picked up Super Mario Bros. 3 (with instruction manual!), Vegas Dream and Tecmo Super Bowl at the other local store today. They also had Final Fantasy but it was $18.. I might go back for it eventually, they had 3 copies.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.