Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo Switch

Platform »

Nintendo's home console that can be turned into a portable device by removing it from its TV-dock. Launched worldwide on March 3, 2017.

Best 3rd party Switch controller?

Philtheee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Philtheee

Hello all,

I'm in the market for a new switch controller (probably 3rd party to meet my budget). I heard the guys mention one on the podcast but missed it's name. What do people recommend?

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By frytup

Kinda depends if you're a d-pad or analog stick person. If you prefer d-pad, I would actually go for the 8BitDo M30 over their SNES-style controllers. The button layout isn't optimal for Switch but, damn, that pad is sweet.

Lots of people also swear by the Hori Pokken.

vorsic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mostly use that Mayflash adapter with my PS4 controller. I've been thinking about picking up that new 8bitdo controller though, the one with the grips.

korito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By korito

i recently bougth the Nyko Core Switch controller to use on the PC and i have no complains. heard that connected to the switch bya bluetooth it has a bit of lag do probably one to avoid for fighting games

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.