Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo Switch

Platform »

Nintendo's home console that can be turned into a portable device by removing it from its TV-dock. Launched worldwide on March 3, 2017.

Best Games to Play on the Switch?

sfbaybunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By sfbaybunny

My partner recently got a Switch and I watched him play Zelda for a bit, which was amazing... Of course!

Curious what other games y'all recommend for the Switch? ❤

(Sounds like Mario Kart is fun...❣) So that's definitely on the list. o:)

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Ry_Ry

Here are the ones I own:
    - Mario Kart
    - Zelda BotW
    - Splatoon 2
    - Shovel Knight (the version that comes with all 3 for like $25)

The demos for Snipper Clips and PyuPyu Teteris were also fun, but i only have so much free time! I also have my eyes on Thumper and Overcooked, I have them both on PC, but haven't played them yet.

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Zelda, Mario Kart and Splatoon seem really fun, I'd go with those!

personandstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just have Splatoon 2 and that is really good. Tumbleseed is currently on sale and I'm thinking about getting that. Seems like a good on the go game.

SteveVice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Besides whats already mentioned I really liked Blaster Master Zero, Shantae and Snake Pass

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like you already have Mario Kart. Overcooked is also a great co-op game. My girlfriend and I love it. Just beware that it can get pretty difficult if you go for 3 stars in every level

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Neo turf masters

boiter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gonner. Splatoon 2. Mario Kart 8. Puyo Puyo Tetris. Overcooked definitely has performance issues ATM so check youtube vids on that one before buying.

Shovel Knight, Binding of Isaac, Wonder Boy, Thumper.. all rad depending on if you're played or not.

Neo Turf Masters + other neo geo fighting games.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

- Splatoon 2
    - Zelda
    - Puyo Puyo Tetris
    - Just about all of the Arcade Archives Neo-Geo games (Metal Slug, Shock Troopers, Neo Turf Masters, Last Resort, various SNK fighting games if that's your jam)

Lv4Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peeps don't seem to remember the remake of Blaster Master but it's an extremely well done "re-do" of sorts of an already great Metroid-vania. Really smart system redesigns and a beautiful use of high resolution widescreen retro pixel art. Inti Creates is such an underrated studio and modernizing retro games like this is such a cool idea.

It's damn cheap too, so buy it!

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Disgaea 5 if you're a fan of deep mechanics heavy SRPGs and can filter out the anime BS and fanservice (unless you're a fan of anime BS and fanservice in which case... eat up!)

Still $60 unless it's been discounted somewhere, though.

-sincerely a person who owns way too many switch games already

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Dan_CiTi

Aside from the obvious I would go for Snipperclips and Puyo Puyo Tetris. If you like fighting games at all Garou: Mark of the Wolves and Waku Waku 7 are both a lot of fun/well made. Kamiko, Snake Pass, Tumbleseed, Oceanhorn (neat Zelda-style game), and Wonder Boy are all worth checking out. As well the Binding of Isaac, Shovel Knight, and Cave Story ports are all quite good.

Zoidberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By Zoidberg

Of course Splatoon 2 and Mario Kart are natural purchases, but I'd also recommend Tumbleseed (which, as another user mentioned, is on sale for $10 for a few more days). It had some negative feedback when it came out because of the difficulty, but the recent patch gave some easier entry points (and a 2-player battle mode that you and your partner could play!). I just picked it up a few days ago and have been really enjoying my time, especially with the daily challenges.

I'd also suggest Arms... sometime in the future? They're adding more content monthly, and I'm personally waiting until I have more time/money to pick it up, anyways. But the demo they did for it was really enjoyable, and apparently the two-player mode is great (if you have an extra set of joycons).

guthwulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I have played Zelda, Wonder Boy, Shovel Knight, Blaster Master Zero, Kamiko and Snake Pass so far.

Out of those I can really recommend Shovel Knight, Blaster Master and Wonder Boy the most.

I got Snake Pass when it was on sale and for the price it's definitely okay, but you've seen all there is to it pretty soon.

Kamiko was also cool, especially considering the price, but unless you're constantly trying to improve your times, this is only gonna last you a day or two.

Next up on my list are Cave Story + and Shantae. I have also only heard good things about those.

RetroMetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@guthwulf said:

I have played Zelda, Wonder Boy, Shovel Knight, Blaster Master Zero, Kamiko and Snake Pass so far.

Out of those I can really recommend Shovel Knight, Blaster Master and Wonder Boy the most.

I got Snake Pass when it was on sale and for the price it's definitely okay, but you've seen all there is to it pretty soon.

Kamiko was also cool, especially considering the price, but unless you're constantly trying to improve your times, this is only gonna last you a day or two.

Next up on my list are Cave Story + and Shantae. I have also only heard good things about those.

Cave Story is simply amazing.

Shantae is really good, but nothing on the level of Shovel Knight or Cave Story.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hum, it just occured to me that Puyo Puyo Tetris does not seem to be available here.

BRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zelda, kart and the upcoming Mario games will be pretty much my switch library.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Monster Hunter XX

hayes1516

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I have Zelda, Mario Kart 8, Arms, Mario+Rabbids, and Pokken Tournament on my favourites list. I also really enjoy playing any of the Lego games with my kid because they are easy for him (he's 5) and have enough humour for me to enjoy them as well. Also enjoyed Super Bomberman R. For the eShop I really liked Sonic Mania, Snake Pass and Mighty Gunvolt Burst.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got mario+Rabbids, Zelda and Splatoon 2. So far I just ended up playing Splatoon 2 all the time. It is really good!

SimoensS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I picked up Mario + Rabbids and am enjoying it way more than I anticipated. The level of polishing is just amazing.
    If your in a situation that you'll play local coop, that pretty fun as well.

TommyTours

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played Sonic Mania on Switch and really enjoyed it, only downside is the lack of a proper D-pad, but I played most of it with the Pro controller so it was fine.

Tesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Golf Story!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.