Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo Switch

Platform »

Nintendo's home console that can be turned into a portable device by removing it from its TV-dock. Launched worldwide on March 3, 2017.

Do you think Nintendo will refresh the Switch like their other handhelds or more or less stick to the current design?

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

Poll Do you think Nintendo will refresh the Switch like their other handhelds or more or less stick to the current design? (52 votes)

Refresh like handhelds. 60%
    More or less stick to the current design. 40%

I’m really considering getting a Switch but idk if I should stick it out until the 2 year mark. I guess 18 month is a common time frame for a refresh which would be next month. The DS lite came only 14 month after the original DS and the 3DS XL came about 15 month after.

Nintendo has done some refreshes for their home consoles but they usually seem to be reduced inferior versions unlike the improvements their handhelds recevive.

• 
    isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 26

I think the Joy-Cons will make it hard to do a very extensive redesign of the Switch. However, the large bezels of the current model do leave room for a slightly bigger and perhaps higher resolution screen. Things like battery capacity and integrated memory could also be updated along with adding cameras.

But I see none of this happening this year or even in 2019.

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm not getting where people think that the Switch is going to get some giant redesign like the 3DS XL or Game Boy SP. Everything about how they've been marketing and treating it seems to me like they think of it as their next big home thing that can also be portable, not as a handheld exclusively. The Switch works fine as is anyway.

Wait if you want, but I'm not seeing the neon signs you guys are apparently seeing.

Avatar image for deactivated-609ba772e99db
    deactivated-609ba772e99db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should put a proper d pad in for the joycon then up the battery and increase the cooling to allow for a docked performance in portable mode.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Efesell
    Loading Video...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.