Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo Switch

Platform »

Nintendo's home console that can be turned into a portable device by removing it from its TV-dock. Launched worldwide on March 3, 2017.

How do you Switch?

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Jesus_Phish

Poll How do you Switch? (49 votes)

I only use docked 8%
    I mostly use docked and rarely use handheld 18%
    I only use an equal mix of handheld and dock 20%
    I mostly use handheld and rarely used docked 31%
    I only use handheld 12%
    I don't own a Switch but I want to see the results 10%

After this weeks Bombcast it was clear that Jeff pretty much doesn't use the handheld feature and would be happy to have a more powerful Switch at the expensive of it losing it's handheld feature.

Ben on the other hand seems much more into playing indie games on the go.

So what way do you use your Switch? I myself don't own one but once I get around to getting one I can see it being used more as a handheld device that I can plug into a TV once in a while.

• 
    Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It'd also be interesting to compare to this figure released from Nintendo last year.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I started to use it docked but gravitated more as a dedicated handheld device. I think I got spooked by the dock scratching the screen on the early units plus I don't like having it constantly charging in the dock. I only charge lithium devices when necessary just in case that crushes the life of it.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

like this:

No Caption Provided

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Handheld all the way, sat lazily on my sofa or bed. I have a PlayStation for the t.v.

Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Sahalarious

weird, theres a surprisngly even distribution here (except for me who wont use it handheld unless i absolutely have to fly somewhere. Maybe my big head makes my neck sore before you guys? handhelds always ruin my day. I think my main thing is....unless you take public transportation, when are you "gaming on the go"? if im on the go its usually from home to work to school to home, nowhere in that cycle is there time for gaming. I'll still be up all night gaming after that though.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pretty equal tbh. the switch’s central feature- the ability to go from docked to portable- totally works for my life. it’s in its dock at home- but when i hit the road for trips (about once a month) it totally does the thing. i love that aspect of it.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Almost entirely docked.

It's just not a very comfortable handheld device to me, and I'm not much of a fan of staring at small screens for long periods of time anyway.

MStankow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Play it at home docked unless I am on GBI and I want to chat and then I play it handheld. Handheld on bus too. I play my Switch a lot.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.